final paycheck came in and I have about 770 bucks. 400 of which I'd like to spend on new gear.

currently I have a jackson dk2 dinky, and a marshal avt20, which I got as a gift and isn't the best.

I'm looking into purchasing new pickups, and some distortion pedals to get a better sound from the avt, or if possible a new amp.

any suggestions?

i play classic rock to metal, so something versatile.
Look into some good EMG's or Seymour Duncans for metal. You know what you should look at?
Tony Iommi sig pups. I bought a pair for my Gibby SG, and man; the sustain and clearity these give me on clean and the awesome highs they deliver through distortion. Some nice stuff dude.
yea I was looking into the spider 3 by line 6, are those any good? I went to the guitar center and musicians friend where I live and both places didn't have one to demo
the current pickups on my jackson don't pick up harmonics too well, any suggestions for changes?
Last edited by Johnnyzzz at Oct 26, 2007,
Quote by Johnnyzzz
yea I was looking into the spider 3 by line 6, are those any good? I went to the guitar center and musicians friend where I live and both places didn't have one to demo

People don't like those usually :s My friend has one and says it's good though, but I wouldn't be too sure about that.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Quote by Johnnyzzz

are you gigging? if not, you should get a Crate V8, little tube amp, costs $200, spend the other $200 on new pickups.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
or blow damn near all of it on a kick ass, see you at the house, tube amp.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
Quote by 03SVTCobra
or blow damn near all of it on a kick ass, see you at the house, tube amp.

That's what I'd do, especially since you have a decent guitar already.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
you could find a used JCM 800 for that price, or an orange tiny terror, or a traynor ycv50 blue.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Line 6? I'm not to happy with my Spider III. It's the 75 watt combo version; I was impressed at first, but after a few months of really messing around with it, I was not so satisfied. It is versitile, but some tones aren't very organic or they're very processed. So, were I you, I'd search for some amps in your price range and try the most appealing ones out and chose the best out of that bunch.
the line 6 spider amps are ****ing great! i played a gig the other week with a friends band and the lead guitarist had one! it was so ****ing versitile, even without his effex rack! and then he plugged his effex in and the thing whent from about 8/10 for versitility, to then 30000000000000000000/10 for versitility! its a great amp!

well i sort of got carried away just then, oh well lol
Quote by Missingno476
That's what I'd do, especially since you have a decent guitar already.

any good tube amps?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.