I've had amazing calluses on my fingers for years now, but I just started practicing alot more recently, and my fingers are in pain. So my question is, do calluses go away and then come back even stronger? Or am I just using them that much more that I don't really feel my calluses helping sheild the pain?
Quote by CallmeTravis
I've had amazing calluses on my fingers for years now, but I just started practicing alot more recently, and my fingers are in pain. So my question is, do calluses go away and then come back even stronger? Or am I just using them that much more that I don't really feel my calluses helping sheild the pain?

That's why .
<Han> I love Hitler
Anytime you start playing quite a bit more all of a sudden, they'll usually have to toughen up more.
yeah, they'll definitely be in pain with a jump like that. I play bass, and i have a 3 hour practice schedule a day. That was painful for a while when i first started, but now i can play for however long and not feel the pain.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I've never allowed calluses to form. I think I get better feeling without them.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
how, by not playing enough?

seriously, if you play at all, you'll get calluses
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.