Sorry if this has been posted before. But I found really cool project through stumble that teaches you how to manually install a USB outlet on your guitar. http://machrone.net/usbguitar/

Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Impressive...
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by BadBishop
Sorry if this has been posted before. But I found really cool project through stumble that teaches you how to manually install a USB outlet on your guitar. http://machrone.net/usbguitar/
No offense intended BadBishop, but that article seemed poorly thought out.

1 - He began the project intending to have a second input to the USG card and made the jack plate accordingly. Then he found out he couldn't connect a second input, so that jack is now useless.

2 - He has a headphone jack, but nothing to drive the headphones with. I really doubt that USB card will provide headphone out. He makes no mention of where that gets connected. Is this ANOTHER useless jack?

3 - Connecting a card with unknown input impedance might be a tone sucker. We really don't know anything about the specs on this card. Might be a concern, maybe not. Who knows?

This idea LOOKS great on the surface, but I strongly urge doing a bit of research before anyone dives head-first into a project with so few details as this one has.

... The pictures are pretty though.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
first ask yourself, "what do i want to accomplish by putting a usb in my guitar?"
It's useful if you have a preamp on your guitar and want to use GuitarRig or something like that. Else, your tone won't be that great.
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
I may add this to my project except i reckon i can do it cheaper, use less space and have no no-working parts!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
even if you did this you would need the drivers for it. Imagine needing drivers to work your guitar

The BadBishop Guitar Audio DRIVER
I want to see someone put a PocketPod in a guitar... Now there is a project idea...
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
No offense intended BadBishop, but that article seemed poorly thought out.

1 - He began the project intending to have a second input to the USG card and made the jack plate accordingly. Then he found out he couldn't connect a second input, so that jack is now useless.

2 - He has a headphone jack, but nothing to drive the headphones with. I really doubt that USB card will provide headphone out. He makes no mention of where that gets connected. Is this ANOTHER useless jack?

3 - Connecting a card with unknown input impedance might be a tone sucker. We really don't know anything about the specs on this card. Might be a concern, maybe not. Who knows?

This idea LOOKS great on the surface, but I strongly urge doing a bit of research before anyone dives head-first into a project with so few details as this one has.

... The pictures are pretty though.

and neat woodwork.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard