Have you ever smashed a guitar?

I took out my first acoustic trying to tune it. The high e snapped and cut open my hand and cheek. I threw it across the room and it kinda exploded. (It was really old)
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
you're crazy.

I like my guitars too much to break them...

And guitar-smashing on stage seems to me like something spoiled rock stars do because they can afford a new guitar after every show.

Unless it's the Who or Nirvana...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
you're crazy.

I like my guitars too much to break them... Guitar-smashing on stage seems to me like something spoiled rock stars do because they can afford a new guitar after every show.

Unless it's the Who or Nirvana...

+1, and if I had a guitar I didn't want anymore I'd give it to a kid who couldn't afford one.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I did at a band practice once. It was a squier strat so it wasn't really a loss. Kinda funny though.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
i know a guy who smashes an epiphone SG after every show. his dad is the president of a private university, so he can always afford a new one if he can't glue it back together.
One time, I was chilling at my friend David's apartment. There were five of us in his bedroom (which is pretty small) and we were listening to loud punk rock music.

When we were listening to "No Class" by the Reagan Youth, we started fake-moshing with eachother, which turned into real moshing, and resulted in us completely destroying David's box fan. Like, kicking it, stomping on it, and then smashing the remains like a guitar.

That was a fun evening...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I tried gluing it back to gether after a sobered up.
t'was one hell of a crafts project
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
i have this uber piece of crap that you just tempted me to take out into the street tommorow, and just smash the **** out of it and light it on fire, then proceed to smash
the **** out of it even more!!!!

Jimi Hendrix style ftw.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
i have this uber piece of crap that you just tempted me to take out into the street tommorow, and just smash the **** out of it and light it on fire, then proceed to smash
the **** out of it even more!!!!

Jimi Hendrix style ftw.

If it's even remotely playable, how about donating it to Guitars Not Guns
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
One show i went to, my friend's band was playing, and they had an old bass that didn't work at all any more, i think it got submerged in water or something, and so during their set. He (the singer/guitarist) took off his guitar he was playing, picked up this already broken guitar, and started beating it into the ground. Can't say much happened to it, the neck and body separated, and the pickups fell out. all the knobs came off but the strings were already taken off so it was alright. Then, we proceeded to stomp the **** out of it, tripping ourselves and flinging the body of the guitar. It was quite a night.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Well i had a broken guitar body and i smashed it so it fits in the trash can.
I would never smash a guitar though
Quote by yeahyeah
If it's even remotely playable, how about donating it to Guitars Not Guns

i could easily make it playable...but the thing is....i don't want to.

or...i could put together the parts of these parts i have, and smash that instead....
which is seriously the opposite of playable.

besides my mom already donates to a program Big Brothers and Big Sisters, and im sure they'd take a guitar

you know what....**** it, im just gonna smash 'em both.

ill melt them together to be a double neck/body, then proceed to beat the piss outta both of em!!!!

man...im smart.

incase you didnt' notice...i don't really donate....

-Mr. D
Quote by AlkalineCherry
Have you ever smashed a guitar?

I took out my first acoustic trying to tune it. The high e snapped and cut open my hand and cheek. I threw it across the room and it kinda exploded. (It was really old)

Well I'm sure if a guitar did an operation on my face like yours I would try to kill it as well..............
Type in "guitar smash" on youtube. its nothing new. If it was me, I would put the guitar in a shop window, or donate it to someone.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
yep ive smashed three!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
One time while cleaning out the garage we found my brother's "guitar"(he got it a long long time ago; one of those cheap kid plastic guitars). I smashed it. Wasn't as exciting as I thought it would've been.

The closest I've came to smashing a *real* guitar was when I threw my cheap Yamaha Strat across my room a few times. On an odd note, it's broken right now, but it's not because of the abuse I gave it
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
im alwyas scared to break in on stage, cos i keep on thinkin i cant destroy it.
i don't normally approve of the wanton destruction of precious instruments, but at one show a few friends of mine played for, we smashed up 3 guitars. An old cruddy acoustic, and electric, and the bassist smashed his old bass. he was choked because he didn't unplug it and wrecked his new cord.

We played a tight set tho
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.