I've seen people with 4 cabs running, is that just the thing how they only run 2 and the others are there to look cool or are they actually running 4 from the one head?
If you can run 4 cabs from one head, how do i set up my head and cabs to do this?
I have an Ashton VP100H it has 3 speaker outputs, 8, 8, and 4 or 16ohms (i can't remember) and i have one Ashton cab that can only run at 8 ohms.

I can use my friends Marshall cabs (can run at 4 or 8ohms) to make the 4 up if i wanted. The reason i'm asking this is pretty much just to know how to do it so if i ever do it in the future i'll know how to.
Quote by rank-n-file
I've seen people with 4 cabs running, is that just the thing how they only run 2 and the others are there to look cool or are they actually running 4 from the one head?
If you can run 4 cabs from one head, how do i set up my head and cabs to do this?
I have an Ashton VP100H it has 3 speaker outputs, 8, 8, and 4 or 16ohms (i can't remember) and i have one Ashton cab that can only run at 8 ohms.

I can use my friends Marshall cabs (can run at 4 or 8ohms) to make the 4 up if i wanted. The reason i'm asking this is pretty much just to know how to do it so if i ever do it in the future i'll know how to.

need a stereo cab mate, but even then it may not handle 2 heads. I am considering the same but its best to get 2 2x12s. also you can position them in stereo.
u can get two cabs at 8 ohms, both going into the 8 ohm speaker outputs.

but just to be sure, check ur manual.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Hellhammerz
need a stereo cab mate, but even then it may not handle 2 heads. I am considering the same but its best to get 2 2x12s. also you can position them in stereo.

I'm pretty sure you read that wrong. He wants to know how to run more than 2 cabs off his head, not how to run 1 cab off of 2 heads.

I'm pretty sure you can just use a Y cable to "split" one input on the back of the head into 2, but I've never tried it and don't really see the point as there really isn't any. I could be completely wrong though haha
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^splitting one input would give you iffy results. splitting would mess with the impedance, and i think 1/4 or 1/2 so be sure to know what the impedance is before u wire it up.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'm pretty sure you read that wrong. He wants to know how to run more than 2 cabs off his head, not how to run 1 cab off of 2 heads.

I'm pretty sure you can just use a Y cable to "split" one input on the back of the head into 2, but I've never tried it and don't really see the point as there really isn't any. I could be completely wrong though haha

No man, that would change the resistance, not to mention a Y cable isn't the right gauge to handle that high of a wattage.

It's called daisy chaining. It's what happens when you see and input and an output jack on cabs.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra