I've got a Fender DeVille that I purchased two years ago, still with the original tubes. I've replaced preamp tubes in the past, but just today I replaced all three so I could start fresh. Also, the far right one was buzzing.

Now, I've changed that one before, but after installing all three new tubes, I'm getting this odd problem where whenever I hit a Bb, the frequency of the note causes the center tube to rattle like hell and sound horrible. I've got new tubes, this isn't supposed to be happening. What's going on?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
if u got new tubes, they tend to give some noise when u first put it in. either rebias, or put like a tube socket thing on it.

btw, it does that with my Blues Jr.'s tubes, both preamp and poweramp. i got Tungsol 12AX7s, and JJ/Tesla EL84s.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
What does "rebias" mean?

I know, I'm a tube n00b, but this severely depresses me.
hmmm. i didn't really have to rebias though. it never "lost" the tone. just added noticeable hiss, and good amount of clarity (yay). i don't know why it's the Bb, but u pushed in the tubes all the way right??

hmm... tape the tube so it doesn't move
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^Thanks... and how are your tubes different from my Groove Tubes 12AX7s?
did u get groove tubes as replacement?

they're okay, but they lean towards microphonics a lot. means u get feedback a lot. they're sorta mushy too.

i have TungSol 12AX7s. they're $15 a piece, but totally worth it. i love'em. clear, punchy, chimey, but doesn't lose the bottom end.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Any other sugguestions / bump?
^I didn't try it, I'm too paranoid about fucking my amp up. I'll probably talk to a professional about it. It's weird though, I took out one of the new tubes and put in an old one and the buzz isn't as bad, but it's definitely still present.
your preamp tubes are catchode biased so you don't need to rebias the amp when you change them. You rebias when you change your power tubes.

What exactly is the rattling sound? Is it comming from the tube rattling around? Or is it part of the amplified signal? If it's the tube rattling around then you need to figure out which one is doing it. If it's amplifed signal then troubleshooting can be a bit more tricky.
Not taking any online orders.