does anyone have experience with this amp and if so with is good and i heard orange amps are similar.
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Who told you Orange amps are similar?

Diezel is the king of metal amps (imo). Oranges are more used for lighter stuff, though their higher end heads can get pretty heavy.

Diezel Herbert ftw
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Who told you Orange amps are similar?

Diezel is the king of metal amps (imo). Oranges are more used for lighter stuff, though their higher end heads can get pretty heavy.

Diezel Herbert ftw

Agreed.

Btw, how'd you compare diezel to...let's say, soldano?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Man, there was this Diezel VH4 is a store somewhere, and they also had a bunch of Soldano's and Hughes & Kettner, ENGL, Mesa's and stuff.
I can tell you this, the VH4 is absolutely genius. It really has a typical sound, so try it out a lot before you buy.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
There are lots of amps which are as good as the Diezel amps, for example the Framus Cobra, the CAE OD100 (even better for leads) and many other (boutique) amps.
The Cobra has even better cleans.

SLO comparison: Diezels tend to sound HiFi (treble and bass), while the SLO100 is rather mids and highs (really bright). The SLO beats the Diezels at leads, while the Diezels have better cleans and (IMO) a nicer rhythm potential.
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
IMO The herbert is the best Diezel amp but its a little to compressed, and lets not mention the 3500USD price tag.

Much better amps out there for much less money
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Philipp Sobecki
There are lots of amps which are as good as the Diezel amps, for example the Framus Cobra, the CAE OD100 (even better for leads) and many other (boutique) amps.
The Cobra has even better cleans.

SLO comparison: Diezels tend to sound HiFi (treble and bass), while the SLO100 is rather mids and highs (really bright). The SLO beats the Diezels at leads, while the Diezels have better cleans and (IMO) a nicer rhythm potential.

This is a pretty accurate description. I own an SLO, & have tried the Herbert & VH4 for about a half hour each at the NAMM show last January (but couldn't totally crank the Diezels). Both Diezels are very smooth & "hi-fi"-sounding (great description), while the SLO is more raw & "live" sounding. If 2 guitarists played these amps at the same time at the same volume, the SLO would definitely dominate the mix, guaranteed. The SLO's cleans are there, but almost as an afterthought, like putting a trailer hitch on a Lamborghini to haul your groceries home. It's just not made for cleans.
BTW- I preferred the Herbert's tone to the VH4, but they are somewhat similar. The Herbert just seemed a bit fatter.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
The VH4 I fooled around with was noticeably crisper sounding than the assortment of Soldanos I've messed with. As mentioned above it's more "hi-fi" sounding. I didn't think the Diezel matched some of the Soldanos (SLO, Avenger, Decatone) when it came to overall presence or harmonic clarity. The VH4 is certainly more versatile than anything from the Soldano camp (this being the major selling point as far as I'm concerned).

One thing that irritated me about the Diezels is that they're huge (regarding size and weight) when compared to the Soldanos. Actually a lot of amps are huge when compared to the Soldanos, but Diezels are particularly bulky.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i've only tried the vh4. very nice, but you have a lot of options at that price. i wasn't too fussed on the cleans either (not that you'd be buying it for cleans).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i didn't think that orange amps were similar i heard it once on this fourm but thanks for the help.

Yeah i wanna try a vh4 soo bad now

i'm also looking at mesa boogie amps mostly the mark IV of course its a ways away cuz i gotta get ready to move out with my girlfriend soon. Wouldn't be good for an apartment though lol

oh and i dont use clean channels really i'm considering use piezos for that for a better sound
Quote by nasstyman
i don't do drugs but i fook like a pronstar and i drink like a fish and smoke like a chimney....
Last edited by Newdawn at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by Syn Harvest

Much better amps out there for much less money

I call BS on that one. There are very few amps out there, that will touch a Diezel. Out of those, the chances of them being more than $1000 less slims it down more.

Bogner XTC anyone? Those are about $4100 new in US.

When you enter the $1,500+ range everything is good. It's all objective as to whether or not one thing is better than another though.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Oct 25, 2007,
subjunctive?

"if i were rich, i'd like a diezel"...

that ok?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're supposed to be ****in' amazing. Look at the Bogners also, maybe Diamond amplification, althought not sure how good they are, but they look beautiful. Maybe an ENGL? Madison? VHT?
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
They're supposed to be ****in' amazing. Look at the Bogners also, maybe Diamond amplification, althought not sure how good they are, but they look beautiful. Maybe an ENGL? Madison? VHT?

I heard Madison is just a chinese copy of a TSL board, then just assembled in the USA, and obviously uses not-so-quality parts because of it. They're not too high priced, but for the price, you could get a much better amp that uses quality parts.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
subjunctive?

"if i were rich, i'd like a diezel"...

that ok?

I mean't objective . Pardon my grammar

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I call BS on that one. There are very few amps out there, that will touch a Diezel. Out of those, the chances of them being more than $1000 less slims it down more.

When you enter the $1,500+ range everything is good. It's all objective as to whether or not one thing is better than another though.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny, too. There's a reason a Diezel costs $4000 US.
Like stated above, I agree that there is no one best amp. I have 2 great amps that sound completely different, but I love the sound of both, because they do the sounds that I like, but neither one can sound like the other. I couldn't say one or the other is the best.
To TS- If you love the sound of the VH4, don't settle for less. Just work harder & save up. Don't think "How much do I have, & what can I get with it?", think "What do I want, & what do I have to do to get it?".
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by MESAexplorer

No i stand by my statement. On the VH4 and herbert the cleans were sub par. The herberts Rhythm channel was far to compressed. Leads were nice. VH4 rhtyhm channel not as compressed but i didnt like the overall voicing.

And there ARE better amps out there for less money. ENGL (Savage,SE), VHT UL, Splawn (QR, Nitro), Mesa Mark IV, CAE OD100, CAE 3+ through VHT 2150

All amps listed i consider better than the diezel amps and they are all less
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by MESAexplorer
I mean't objective . Pardon my grammar

subjective is what you wanted, i think... just messing with you, don't worry.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by riffhog
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny, too. There's a reason a Diezel costs $4000 US.
Like stated above, I agree that there is no one best amp. I have 2 great amps that sound completely different, but I love the sound of both, because they do the sounds that I like, but neither one can sound like the other. I couldn't say one or the other is the best.
To TS- If you love the sound of the VH4, don't settle for less. Just work harder & save up. Don't think "How much do I have, & what can I get with it?", think "What do I want, & what do I have to do to get it?".

thanks i'll take the advice
Quote by nasstyman
Syn, one problem with your statement is that when you are in this price range, NO amps are really better than eachother. It comes down to your personal tonal preference. Another problem is that I've never heard of a non-vintage amp that is higher priced than Diezel's VH4. Therefore anything I know of that you like more will cost lest. When amps cost multiple thousand dollars they are all nice. The final problem is that you stated that the price of a Herbert (you said it was the best Diezel) is $3500. One amp you listed was the Engl E670 SE, which I've never seen for less than $3600 new, meaning it doesn't make the cut.
Seriously awesome amps. They're really high end, but they're not comparable to an orange. They're (generally from what I've played) VERY powerful amps, and very heavy as well. Plus from what I've seen, they're pretty pricey.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Quote by Dave_Mc
subjective is what you wanted, i think... just messing with you, don't worry.

AHHHH!

You had me opening like 3 windows on Dictionary.com trying to compare which word is best suiting.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Syn Harvest
No i stand by my statement. On the VH4 and herbert the cleans were sub par. The herberts Rhythm channel was far to compressed. Leads were nice. VH4 rhtyhm channel not as compressed but i didnt like the overall voicing.

And there ARE better amps out there for less money. ENGL (Savage,SE), VHT UL, Splawn (QR, Nitro), Mesa Mark IV, CAE OD100, CAE 3+ through VHT 2150

All amps listed i consider better than the diezel amps and they are all less

I understand. Sorry if that came out a bit harsh.

I'm a huge Tool fan, have played a VH4 and loved it. If I were able to spend $4600 on an amp, or have $4,600 for any guitar related purchase, I would drop it on a VH4 anyday. With college coming up within the next year, that would not be so wise.

I would rather have a Diezel than any of those amps listed. If I could have them all though...very nice high 5! Once you hit that boutique, handmade, ultraamp barrier, everythign is good, just depends on what suits you best.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^yeah thanks

all your opinions were very good though and it does come down to perference u know
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by MESAexplorer
AHHHH!

You had me opening like 3 windows on Dictionary.com trying to compare which word is best suiting.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
overpriced comes to mind. they dont sound good enough to be spending an extra 1000+ over your garden variety engl, framus, etc. for what theyre charging for some of their top range heads id just be happier grabbing a vintage plexi and some really nice distortion peds.
it also was kind of sketchy to me how my vintage amp dwarfed the vh4s lead channel with CLEAN volume. actually, it really bugged me.when they bring it down to the 2000s then theyll have something, IMO.
Of course they are overpriced in the US, same as Mesa are overpriced in Europe. In Germany, a VH4 costs almost as much as a Framus Cobra or (!!)

a Mesa Dual Recto
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Quote by Philipp Sobecki
Of course they are overpriced in the US, same as Mesa are overpriced in Europe. In Germany, a VH4 costs almost as much as a Framus Cobra or (!!)

a Mesa Dual Recto

Yet, that's still about $4,500 haha

If I weren't saving for college, I would still be saving for a VH4 instead of owning a roadking.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
yeah i know i gotta see how much free cash i'll have after rent and girlfriend lol probably none though
Quote by nasstyman