So I just bought the Line 6 uber metal pedal. Now I´m not very smart when it comes to setting a tone. I've been using the tones you guys have on here on my Line 6 Spyder III amp. Now that I have the pedal I wanna try to get closer to a Children of Bodom type tone. Something high in treble so you hear each note clear and its still rough. I use the Children of Bodom tone you guys have in your tones thread but does anyone know what I should do with my pedal settings. For those that don't know it has: Level, scoop, drive, bass, mid, and treble knobs. Plus there is a noise gate and three base tones. 80's metal, nu metal(Which I tried but it sounds terrible) and vintage metal. Any ideas for a tone?
id go with the 80s metal and add more gain to it. hows the noise gate on it? does it cut just noise from the pedal or the amp too?
Cuts the noise from the amp too. Pretty good actually. What about the knobs on the pedal. Don't adjust them?
I used to own an Uber pedal. It's a very "tunable" pedal. LOTS of variation. I would try to get all the sound-tailoring from the pedal first. Get as close as you can by only using the controls on the pedal. Than send the signal through your amp's clean channel, for mere amplification of your "dialed-in pedal tone," and go from there, if needed.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

no matter what you do on your pedal it isnt going to sound like Children of Bodom playing through a Spider amp, sorry.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
Quote by franc0ph0bic
no matter what you do on your pedal it isnt going to sound like Children of Bodom playing through a Spider amp, sorry.

Couldn't have said it better myself. And this should be in GG&A.

*reported for moving*
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."