Hey guys.

So the bridge on my Epiphone Goth Thunderbird IV popped off (Popped off cleanly, no wear or tear), which is really bizzare and so I was wondering if any other musician or bassist knows if there is anyway if possible to reattach the bridge to the body of the bass.

Gluing it back in is out of the question as it would void my warranty with Epiphone. So I'm looking for some sort of alternative means to possibly reattach it until I have the time and a replacement bass to send it back to Epiphone for repairs.

Much obliged in advance.
Can you explain that a bit closer. I have been looking at a pic of t-bird for the last 10 minutes and still can't figure out how it happened.
The jazz student
Quote by jazz_croatia
Can you explain that a bit closer. I have been looking at a pic of t-bird for the last 10 minutes and still can't figure out how it happened.

Whoops! Sorry about that, heres a few pictures I snapped real quick with my phone:

Thunderbirds are go!!

Sry, im not really sure, do you treat it well, if you try to rip the stings out then...
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
if those are screw holes then if it has stripped the threading (if thats correct term) out of the wood, then try putting some match sticks in there around the edge then screw it back in. (i would advise to use glue for this technique but if your against it that much...)
Thunderbird lawlz

I think someone a while ago had a similar problem. I'm guessing you slide the bridge into the front screw from the back and tighten that one, then screw in the back ones.
Quote by Flea_Is_God
if those are screw holes then if it has stripped the threading (if thats correct term) out of the wood, then try putting some match sticks in there around the edge then screw it back in. (i would advise to use glue for this technique but if your against it that much...)

Yeah I'm only against glue because I feel it could possibly interfere with the action and tuning if I ever had to make adjustments in the future. Plus the guy at Epiphone said it would void my warranty.
You talked to a guy at epiphone? You should have demanded that he fix the bass they made or give you a refund.
Quote by BlueShox
You talked to a guy at epiphone? You should have demanded that he fix the bass they made or give you a refund.

Oh they can fix it, and for free.

But my band has many, many shows coming up in the next month and I really can't afford to send it out now.

Hopefully I can find an alternative means of fixing it until I have the money to purchase a replacement bass.
Did you buy it from a shop or off the internet?

If you got it from a shop, they'll probably fix it for free. If it's from the internet... well, you're screwed, and thats why it's normally a good idea to buy from a shop.
It does sound like it needs properly fixed...but...

Did the posts come out? Or did the bridge pop off, leaving the posts in the body?
Either way, one of the oldest tricks in the engineering textbook for a bodge, is to try some different posts. Maybe your posts are marginally undersize (fractions of a mm), or the sleeves or bridge lands are marginally oversize. Other posts, may be the necessary fractions bigger, and fit better.
This is, however, an absolute last resort, and a total bodge job! I've used this trick on cars, bikes and trucks before; fixing it properly is always better in the long run...