Page 4 of 18

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
thanks for the input everybody, and especially to the_guy for the video, that tone was pure sex. I'm definatly getting an AC30 now.
But there was something else i was wondering. While browsing the vox websdite last night, i came across the cooltron series of pedals. I had never heard of them before, but they look pretty incredible (especially the double overdrive) anyone ever try them out?
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
^the over the top boost (one with the car on it) is awesome

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

i've wanted to try the cooltron pedals, but no local stores carry them and they are expensive
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
^ yeah, me too, those and the EHX valve pedals, they all look real nice...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
anyone here tried the tonelab? seems pretty good from the demonstration i saw yesterday. not that its worth me getting one when i have a valvetronix lol - sounded practically the same.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i might just get the cooltron over the top boost when i have my ac30...along with some custom hyper super great treble fuzz booster from some german company

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

any of you guys tried the new valvetronix xl series? i mean, would a ad30vt xl be better than a ad30vt + od/dist pedal, for death, trash metal wise?
or would a cube 60 be better?
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

so yeah I got the Vox AC30, my dad will bring it in like 4 days or so...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I watched that video on the last page, very nice!

I want a treble booster, because, call me crazy, but I think my Epi VJ sounds like an AC30 with the treble turned down.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
^i think it does too. many soundclips make me think it is.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^i think it does too. many soundclips make me think it is.

If I ever get money again, I'll get a treble booster from you! I'll have a complete UG rig.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
I watched that video on the last page, very nice!

I want a treble booster, because, call me crazy, but I think my Epi VJ sounds like an AC30 with the treble turned down.

its one of the best guitar related vids on youtube

i watched that and wanted to try the vox myself immediately

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

One amp that gets over looked a bit is the Vox DA 20. For blues and classic rock this is a sweet little amp. Box stock it lacks alot of gain and the controls are a bit limited, but for blues/classic rock I like the tone better then alot of low end tube amps. It has several pluses including the attenuator on the back and the battery operation is great for when the house looses power. When plugged into my pod xt live this thing turns into an animal. Bypassing the Vox preamp gives total control over everything and the gain problems vanish. I barely use my peavey anymore with this setup. So far it has done everything I've asked it to do. Oh... and it turns my walkman cd player and ipod into a killer stereo. Had it about 6 months and like it better now then when I first got it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Hey, someone message me. What do you think is better for terms of sheer tone, and power? and DA20 or a AD30?. I heard the AD had some reliabitiy issues, but its a Valve and the DA is digital. Gimme ideas
Hello again Vox Brotherhood peeps....

Guess who's getting an AC30

^^ I'd rather have the AD than the DA, higher power, attenuator, and the valve does make a bit of difference.
^ !
WHEN!?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Either this Wednesday or next Wednesday. Don't be askin' for soundclips, 'cause it's a bit screwed .... The PCB is knackered, although on these 70s models the PCB is absolute garbage anyway. The cab's still in working order, as are the speakers, a few valves and trnasformers.... I'm gonna rebuild it all to my specs with tagboards:

-No reverb, no tremolo channel.
-TB channel and Normal Channel
-Master Volume
-Valve recto
-Choke power supply filter

noice. do u have teh schematics?

use the layout from weber. and use the vox cab. that would look tight and sound crisp.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ Hehe way ahead of you I've adapted the Weber schematic to my needs... By adapted, I mean I cut out the Vibrato channel And for sure I'm using the Vox cab and chassis! I'll have to adapt the layout though, it's pretty different because I'm not doing tremolo, and I'm using 3 less valves as a result. Also I need to find where to add the master... Anybody know how/where to put a PPIMV?
don't want teh t00bz???

i don't know. probably after the phase inverter??? lol. i want to make a blackface... mmmm. i'm kind of getting into building an amp tho. i opened up my BJ and modded it a little. it wasn' tthat bad. and the transformers and big huge caps aren't that intimidating as i thought.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Haha, the Vibrato channel itself uses 3 12AX7, the normal channel uses a half, the TB channel uses 1 and a half, the Phase Inverter uses two halves. I figure I just can't be bothered with wiring in 3 extra 12AX7s when I'll never use the channel anyway! Plus my signal will be uber-pure I think it might be R25 and R26 on the Weber schematic I need to make into pots, I guess I could use a Stereo pot, I'll email Kerry.

Build a Deluxe reverb poweramp and a JCM800 preamp... My co-guitarist has that setup and it's pretty damn godly sounding...
no i want a super chimey clean sparkle amp.

i have a marshall for some gainy tone. but i think the 'gain' knob is driven by a solid state clipping circuit... if it is... i want to bypass it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Hi Y'all.
After watching the demo on the vox website I got an AD30VT and I'm really pleased with it. I also have a Marshall MG30 DFX and the VOX just totally blows it out of the water. It's so versatile and sounds great.

However, I think if I were to spend serious money on an amp then I would probably get a Marshall stack.

Don't ask me why
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by ECistheBest

i have a marshall for some gainy tone. but i think the 'gain' knob is driven by a solid state clipping circuit... if it is... i want to bypass it.

i thought the gain on the dsl401 kinda sucked...dunno...i like the ac30 od better

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

im considering spending the coin on the AC15HTVH head an' cab. i know i dont need it, but, i WANT it.
Just bought the Vox V847 and didnt have much time to experiment wiht it but I am pretty pleased with it so far. Its built great and sounds so really good, even when played through my mg . It was a much better pick than the Crybaby original.
Quote by TehJermie
im considering spending the coin on the AC15HTVH head an' cab. i know i dont need it, but, i WANT it.

Buy it, take pictures, upload them here, and watch the jizz fly!
*or not, depending on how you swing*
>_>
<_<
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
wtf!?!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by ECistheBest

Here's a DSL401 Schem

If anybody wondered why they didn't sound great, that's why. So much complex SS parts in there... SS Reverb, SS fx loop.... I'm willing to bet if you put a good amount of time and research in, removed the FX Loop and Reverb, purified the signal chain a bit (I mean, look at all the chips and Transistors for god's sake!!!) you could have a very nice amp...
I shall have a Vox Wah by christmas. >=( Right now im putting up with my friends crappy wah he let me borrow.

Any real reason to buy the original over the (a), i know the a has an adaptor and is "apprently" true bypass (but its not.), and the things more awkward to mod etc., but i could use the adaptor jack (I can like without it..) and better buffer + easier to get ahold of and i dont really plan on modding it. But tonally is there a giant difference. I'd go to the wah thread but, meh im here now

Also, bitterly dissapointed with the Vox ADVT XL, about 3 decent settings on it, and impossible to get a good clean tone. >=( Vox have dissapointed me.
^ The A isn't true bypass, but it has a better buffer and a DC Jack which I find useful. It's hard to mod.... You could make it TB pretty easy though. You can do sweep cap changes too, and an inductor change, a transistor swap and a pot change but I can't seem to find any resistors to swap.... The original has a very slightly better tone but it's not much greater. The original is also much easier to mod. I just went with the V847a, easy to get ahold of and cheaper new on thomann than a used original is on eBay.
Yeah i know its just a better buffer. £60 off thomann. But I'm getting some further crap off there for xmas too hopefully.
I mean, id probably still get the v847a regardless if had a 45% chance of giving me aids.
What you planning on getting for xmas then?

Aye, go for the V847a.... It's just an easier option, I mean you can notice the slight treble suck but it's so easily compensated for with EQ...