What sort of styles do you play? How much per pedal?

IMO:

a nice wah (which will take most of that money away) will be good.

maybe a delay or phase?
Ive looked at, the ehx small clone, ehx 1#echo, ehx small stone.

That what i was orginaly going to purchase but im thinking different now.
What artists do you like?

IMO you should go with a nice Wah and a nice OD.

Vox V847a and Maxon OD-9 would be great.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well, you already have a ds-2, why not go for some nice analog pedals? I strongly advise you to try some really nice boutique overdrives. Perhaps a fulltone fulldrive or a HBE power screamer?

You COULD spend you're money on gimmick affects , but i figure most of the time people are better off working their base tones rather than something which may not be useful for the majority of your playing. Even wah isn't applied a great deal in music these days, so pick which types of effects you want carefully.

You can't really go wrong if you buy quality products.
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
Ernie Ball Musicman Albert Lee 07 LE
Fender roadworn telecaster
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Homebrew Electronics THC chorus
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
Yeahh sell it or mod it, whatever is easier. If you're handy with soldering you can mod it to Steve Vai specs for about £5. But if not just sell it.
Have you considered having the ds-2 modified? I havent played one myself (actually i don't know if there are any mods for the ds-2) but i played a modified ds-1 awhile back and only have fond memories of it.
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
I've never conisderd it, im good with a soldering iron and electronics, but im only 14, and i might ruin it. So what pedals would you reccomend, im trying to get a hard punchy overdrive, jcm 800 like.
Well, I really like my guitar teacher's MI audio crunchbox for cranked jcm tones, i don't know how easy they are to find though as they are made in Australia (and even relatively hard to find here).

It would probably be best for you to just go to a guitar store and do as many side-to-side comparisons you can possibly do. But, even if you test many things and something comes on top if it cant do what you want it to do, don't buy anything. If the only way you are gonna get JCM tones is by buying a JCM then maybe thats the way to go.
Ibanez SA2020FM Prestige
VOX ac50cp 2x12
Boss blues driver BD-2
Guyatone FLIP tube echo
Boss Graphic EQ GE-7
I think my amp now is perfect for what i need, great valve tones, i just need something to push it more.
Quote by TheBeatles64
I've never conisderd it, im good with a soldering iron and electronics, but im only 14, and i might ruin it. So what pedals would you reccomend, im trying to get a hard punchy overdrive, jcm 800 like.

Well there's some easy mods you can do to them. If you open it up, it should have some 1uF electrolytic caps. Replace those with 1uF film caps. Then there should be a number of pairs of clipping 1N914 diodes. You replace those with red LEDs (make sure the anode is pointing the opposite way on each one) and there you go, easy mod that gives you some great crunchy distortion (LEDs) and less sterile, clearer tone (caps).

Also you can change the indicator LED to say, an ultrabright 3mm one.

I'm only 16, and I build pedals.
Quote by MrCarrot
Well there's some easy mods you can do to them. If you open it up, it should have some 1uF electrolytic caps. Replace those with 1uF film caps. Then there should be a number of pairs of clipping 1N914 diodes. You replace those with red LEDs (make sure the anode is pointing the opposite way on each one) and there you go, easy mod that gives you some great crunchy distortion (LEDs) and less sterile, clearer tone (caps).

Also you can change the indicator LED to say, an ultrabright 3mm one.

I'm only 16, and I build pedals.

:O dont suppose u got any ideas how i can make my Demonizer more low end cus it just cuts through to much lol
Hmm not too sure 'bout Damage Control pedals. You could always take a look and check to see if you can do any of the mods I listed for the Boss distortions, but I'm not too geared up on those.
thanks ^^

paid something like £350+ and my friend gets a metal muff and i was like,,,, dammit LOL

ill take a look =D
In my opinion the guitarist's essential analog pedals in order of importance:
reverb,od/dist, wah, phaser/flanger/chorus, eq, compressor/delay