I have a dilema of sorts. Coming up shortly is our school's year 10 formal, and I don't know whether I should go. it costs $45 just to go, then another hundred to hire a suit or whatever. My parents won't pay for it.

I think it's pretty lame, and I can't be bothered spending heaps of money so I can get dressed up like a tosser, listen to stupid b*tches talk about how great they all look in expensive dresses they'll never wear again, then sit at a table with some losers listening to them complain how big a showoff everyone is.

On the other hand, I don't really want to look like a loser for not going, although the more I think about that the weaker that excuse sounds.

Anyway UG, advice?
advise? go. it's a good night. if you don't go you'll be talked about for being an anti-social noob, or at least, that's what happened to one of our friends who didn't go.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
HUndred of dollars for a suit? if ur only gunna wear it once you'd be amazed what you can find in an op shop.
Hi. I'm from England so I have no idea what you're talking about. Oh well...

(The guy who mentioned the after-party was onto something).
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Hi. I'm from England so I have no idea what you're talking about. Oh well...
(The guy who mentioned the after-party was onto something).

year 11 ball
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
just borrow the suit from someone in your family or get one from an op shop, thats what I did I just used my brothers suit, belt, shoes haha all I needed was a tie which I spent $20 on and then found a nicer better one in an op shop for $2 and took the other back haha and didn't get a limo there or anything, talk about poor.
Quote by Sol9989
year 11 ball

Still no clue. No schools around here do that. But anyway I go to an all-guys school so that'd be pretty gay. When you're having a "ball" we'll probably be having a house party (way better I think).
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Yeah I guess, but I don't think I'll be able to find anything in time unless I go to an actual store, that and I'm short...well not short just not man-size.
Hire the suit from a store for cheap. My year 10 ball was a few weeks ago. Guess what i did? Skipped it and went to the after party! Thats the only way to do it without spending a lot of money.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by markisouvlaki
Yeah I guess, but I don't think I'll be able to find anything in time unless I go to an actual store, that and I'm short...well not short just not man-size.

just have a look around it can't hurt, and you can be surprised what you can find in op shops
Still no clue. No schools around here do that. But anyway I go to an all-guys school so that'd be pretty gay. When you're having a "ball" we'll probably be having a house party (way better I think).

i went to a skool in liphook in the uk i dunno if u no where that is but they had like a prom thing but i didnt go i think its just dressin up for the nite then goin 2 the after party and gettin realy drunk
Don't bother with a suit. I wasn't going to wear one for our formal but it didn't matter because it was left up to the class to organise it and it never happened.
Yeah I don't want to go to the afterparty though, my grade has too many fagets. And I was gunna hire, it just costs heaps, that's the cost I said above...anyway I guess I'll try and find something
$45? wow ours is $85 this year..

well my advice is that only go if you feel like it... if u think you think youre gonna have a sh.t time then theres no point in going.

personally i'd say you should go.. but im only saying that cos im organising it and thinks its gonna be heaps fun.
xo
jeesus, mines on saturday.

Ours cost at least half a grand, including dancing lessons, suit hire and the limousine. Everyone else who has done it says its really fun. Only fun I've had so far is groping girls at dancing lessons. My partner seemed to object to my pinching of her bum for some reason, her boyfriend doesn't seem to like me much either anymore. Still fun though.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Quote by demonofthenight
jeesus, mines on saturday.

Ours cost at least half a grand, including dancing lessons, suit hire and the limousine. Everyone else who has done it says its really fun. Only fun I've had so far is groping girls at dancing lessons. My partner seemed to object to my pinching of her bum for some reason, her boyfriend doesn't seem to like me much either anymore. Still fun though.

Somebody is spoilt and goes to a rich school.

To TS
I'm in the same situation except mine costs more than yours. I'm not a party person, so it does not interest me in the slightest. I told a few friends and they are already chanting 'dog'. But I have no idea whether to go. Seems like a waste of money.

I don't think I would regret not going. But I would probably regret going. It's only year 10 at the end of the day. I'll go to the year 12 one.
I didn't go to mine it was like £50 or something and it's like why bother? I believe I stayed home and played Final Fantasy because that's how cool I am.

But that was the Year 11 prom.. sounded pretty turd though. They had a disco and a chocolate fountain.
Quote by ilaughatyourfac
hahaha i skipped mine and went the after party thats what u shuld do

thats what hell stingy people do.

go, im going to mine! =D Should be fine, but dont bitch mine cost $85, my mates cost $120...yeh just go
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.
Step 1 - Go to Op Shop
Step 2 - Find $10 suit
Step 3 - Pay the $45 you stingy bastard
Step 4 - Go to your formal, preferably bring a date.
Step 5 - Go to your after party, get drunk and get laid.
Step 6 - Thank UG that we talked you out of being a miserable bastard.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Step 1 - Go to Op Shop
Step 2 - Find $10 suit
Step 3 - Pay the $45 you stingy bastard
Step 4 - Go to your formal, preferably bring a date.
Step 5 - Go to your after party, get drunk and get laid.
Step 6 - Thank UG that we talked you out of being a miserable bastard.

+1
Do that ^^^^^^
Quote by hug a llama
Dude, if a title read "penis pics, come on in" I think about 93% of UG would still click on it.

Quote by Burpin'Worm
Nonsense. I'm telling you, nothing makes the fairer sex swoon like an extensive knowledge of siege weaponry and medieval battle tactics.