I've recently bought a Peavey Bandit 112 amplifier. However i seem to be gettig a huge amount of interference. I've looked at the review of the amp on this site and everyone says how quiet it is so there most be something interferring with the amp.

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or solutions to my problem.
Is it properly grounded? 3 prong adapters tend cause a lot of buzzing.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Perhaps you have a lot of electronics nearby your amp. My friend's got a solid state amp that buzzes like hell in her own room, but is totally quiet in her brother's room. So try and move it away from electronics
Are you plugging it in to a powerstrip, 3-prong adapter or a 3 prong wall socket?

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
a normal 3 pronged wall plug socket

Lord jesus thanks for the tip but i tried it in my spare room where there are no electronics at all but i still got interference.
hmm well then it should be grounded properly. Are you playing beside a computer monitor or a tv by any chance? you're pickups will pick up those signals and buzz like crazy.

EDIT: I just saw your other post making this one irrelevant.

Quote by TMVolta19
Yeh i have a TV in my room and a laptop. when i switch them off there is still no difference. And ive tried it in another room with no electronics and it still buzzes
Try a different guitar. Then try a different guitar cord. Unhook any pedals. Mix and match until you isolate the problem component.
It seems to have stopped now, for no apparent reason. Thanks for everyones help.