So here is my story, (a new lesson prompted me to write this).

I feel like a faily accomplished guitar play, but I feel like everythign I play is so plain and lifeless, especially my solos. I play all kinds of rock (from classic to alternative to punk to metal) and I play a bit of blues. I understand theory and I have made a point to expend chord structures beyond the typical. But I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like everything I write pretty mush sucks. OR I write a cool riff but have nowhere to go with it.

Right now, I am trying to learn other peoples music (tabs and what not) to get an idea of what they write, but I have trouble finding things to even learn.

So to sumarize:
I have no problem with actually playing the notes (going fast or streching my fingers) but I judt don't know what to play. any ideas of what i can do.

Thanks
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Start listening to some music you din't listen before : jazz, classical, metal...

Find the song that amazes you, that inspires you and try to learn it.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Learn the song You Are Number Six by Behold...The Artcopus. Theres no tab for it on here, so just learn it by ear.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Are you in a band? I know a lot of the songs I play and write sound kinda boring without the whole band. When I get bored I line up a jam session and it helps me get psyched aboutt he music again. And even if you don't have a band, find a friend that plays bass. Just playing with those two can help you feel like you're playing music rather than notes.
thats the thing, I am working on that now.... But i have yet to find anything that peeks my interest.

Do you have any ideas of songs?
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Find some inspiration. Whether it be a different style of music or band, it could even be joining a band which your missing out on as a musician.
Yeah, I'm in a band. And that is exactly what i feel. It has gotten boring. Ill try the jam session with some friends. THe problem is though I go to pharmacy school so there are about 6 musicians here 4 of them are in my band. Maybe Ill have to wait to go home!!

Thanks for the idea of a song, any idea where i can find it?
Main Rigs
Guitars

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60
Yeah, don't worry about your guitar parts sounding boring on their own. I get bored with playing metallica alone sometimes, but they aren't bad songs. It's just that you don't have the rest of the band to add life. Now if you get bored of your song while playing it during a full reheresal, then maybe you need to tweak it a bit. :P