I talked to a guy who's selling his 96 LP Studio for a really attractive price. Says he has barely used it since he bought it and is in top notch condition.

Now, how are LP Studios from that year? Should I go for it? And how will the stock pups handle my occasional mesa boogie-like tone metal needs?
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
there ok i never liked the LP studios from any year but i dont know if it would handle metal never really thought about that but i dunno if you think it is a fair price then go for it
i wouldn't buy a les paul studio. it's just not the real thing. they don't nearly as good as a nice les paul standard.
Hmm, ok.

Waiting for more opinions

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
They're great. The quality didn't start to dive until about '99 or 2000.

As for jazzamafagbasket, there is NO difference in the materials used or the construction quality between Studio and Standard LPs. Only difference is that the Standard has binding and a flame top. ooh. Not a big deal.
Quote by Danno13
They're great. The quality didn't start to dive until about '99 or 2000.

As for jazzamafagbasket, there is NO difference in the materials used or the construction quality between Studio and Standard LPs. Only difference is that the Standard has binding and a flame top. ooh. Not a big deal.

And the standard has better pups. So is a Studio worth 400 bucks used? Top notch condition, too.

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
I'd rather have a Standard, their are non-cosmetic differences, contrary to popular belief.

However, $400 is a bargain (go for it), compare that to the Epi you'd get for that price!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Bargain... definitely get it for that price
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

For the price, it's an alright deal. For any more though and it's iffy.