I have to write a definitional argument for my writing 101 class today, what are some good controversial topics that would be fun to write about.

music related topics are especially appreciated.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Church burning and black metal bands. Whether or not you like metal, it's interesting.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by Slinov
Are violent video games the reason for violence in children under 18
Is music a contributor to the above point

+1

Especially the music one, as there are so many different cases to draw on.

The Memphis 3, the case against Judas Priest when two of their fans killed themselves, the fact that Marilyn Manson gets blamed for every high-school shooting in America........
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
+1

Especially the music one, as there are so many different cases to draw on.

The Memphis 3, the case against Judas Priest when two of their fans killed themselves, the fact that Marilyn Manson gets blamed for every high-school shooting in America........

Yes... this too. I always have a ton to say on this subject.

the church burning one is a must.

and yeah, it just so happens that the shooter has a marylin manson song on his ipod or whatever, that must mean...

HE'S A DIE HARD FAN!!!!11ONEONE MANSON IS THE REASON HE KILLED THOSE GUYS!!1ONEONE
how about something a little more lighthearted in nature? just a touch less death perhaps.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
You could write about the relationship between drugs and music... or the messages in music-- like anarchy, God, Satan, no God, etc. and then you could tie the message of the band to their actions to see how far they take their message seriously. IDK... death is just so abundant .

true the death is around me even as we speak. now listening to some old dude talk about western history.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

Western history is death!!!

and the old guy rambling in the front is satan
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again