I've been looking at getting a new guitar this christmas and I don't know which model to choose. I play mostly metal but I like to have good cleans on a guitar. Budget would be around 1000$ (CAN). I have a randall rg-50tc. I would like to have a whammy bar and an Ebony fretboard.

Any suggestions?
well if you can find one for that, or throw in another 500 get yourself a Musicman John Petrucci model. Its an absolutely amazingly versitile guitar, especially with the Piezo option
hmm....ibanez have a few nice ones in ur price range...you migth want to look at ESP's I played a really nice one in a store one time...floyd rose, ebony fingerboard, EMGs...it was about $1500 USD though...but...i'm sure you can find a nice one. GO look at the ESP/LTD website or musciciansfriend.com
Quote by chris_libby_88
hmm....ibanez have a few nice ones in ur price range...you migth want to look at ESP's I played a really nice one in a store one time...floyd rose, ebony fingerboard, EMGs...it was about $1500 USD though...but...i'm sure you can find a nice one. GO look at the ESP/LTD website or musciciansfriend.com

do you remember the model?
BCrich mockingbird Slash model

24 frets
Original Floyd Rose
Mahogany body
Ebony fretboard
Cool body shape
Everything a guitarist dreams about. Except its maple veneer top.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.