Why does everyone say not to get the spideramp thing from line6 just out of curiousity.
It hasn't got a soul.
(It sounds... fake)
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
If you get the smaller versions there are better amps available for the price. If you get the larger versions you're just plain retarded. (There are much much much better amps available)
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
The tone of a spider is kind of like a dying baby...in a blender. But seriously though, they just sound really muddy, sterile, unresponsive, ect.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
get an amp with balls. get a marshall.

well imo marshall make the best amps... haven't heard too much about line6 amps, but i can't buy them where i am, so i've never tried one
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Because they are really digital, really muddy. And the larger models are a ripoff for what you get. By a nice tube combo and compare to the spider and you will see why everyone does not like it.
Quote by aaronjk0406
are any amps from line 6 ok to use

Flextones and Vettas are good.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Axeman99
Flextones and Vettas are good.

Still can get alot better amps for the money.
the only decent thing line 6 makes is the Vetta II. The Spider is muddy and digital basically disgusting. And for the price of a new one you could get a peavey 5150 combo and be set
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
yea...the tone isnt too great...it doesnt memorize setting when u turn it off...if u set up something cool on the knobs and turn it off...then turn it back on...it reverts back to its default setting...and all the presets are trash...complete trash....
Quote by chris_libby_88
yea...the tone isnt too great...it doesnt memorize setting when u turn it off...if u set up something cool on the knobs and turn it off...then turn it back on...it reverts back to its default setting...and all the presets are trash...complete trash....

One thing i must say, thats not true, if you hold the button for about 5 seconds it saves your current settings to that channel until you hold it again.
Quote by TheBeatles64
Still can get alot better amps for the money.

Still there are lots of folks who prefer to have modelling versatility instead of oh-so-real-sounding tube amps. Get over it.

I prefer a nice tube am too, anyway, but people are different.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
Quote by fexnah
Still there are lots of folks who prefer to have modelling versatility instead of oh-so-real-sounding tube amps. Get over it.

I prefer a nice tube am too, anyway, but people are different.

Sorry i was just saying, moddeling is really fun, i meen you dont have to lots of effects pedals to get that tone you want, but in the long run a tube amp is better for the money.
Quote by dgme92
get an amp with balls. get a marshall.

well imo marshall make the best amps... haven't heard too much about line6 amps, but i can't buy them where i am, so i've never tried one

I pray that you are not talking about an MG.
But... i've owned a spider before.
Only reason I bought was because it was like 100 bucks at a local store (30 watt), then when I wanted to upgrade it, I sold it to a friend for 115.
Spiders, although I don't think they're necessarily as bad as everyone thinks, they're not good amps. The clean is the only not-bad channel. The crunch is pointless (no sustain at all), the metal is ok only for rythym, and the insane is just stupid.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by TheBeatles64
Sorry i was just saying, moddeling is really fun, i meen you dont have to lots of effects pedals to get that tone you want, but in the long run a tube amp is better for the money.

Yeah, sure. But for instance, I know a guy who could play any amp he wants, he is a professional musician, and he chooses to play the Vetta, because he doesn't have to bother with anything else. He plays a lot live, so he just has his amp and his guitar, finito. And he has good tone.
Quote by fexnah
Yeah, sure. But for instance, I know a guy who could play any amp he wants, he is a professional musician, and he chooses to play the Vetta, because he doesn't have to bother with anything else. He plays a lot live, so he just has his amp and his guitar, finito. And he has good tone.

Edit:I wasnt lieing. I used to have a spider when i started out and it fun, because i could get any tone i wanted without the use of shelling out hundreds of pounds.
Quote by fexnah

His tone may be good, but not as good as if he had an all tube head and all the original pedals. If you're a tone freak like me, spending more money (even for a slight tone difference) is worth it.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Edit:I wasnt lieing. I used to have a spider when i started out and it fun, because i could get any tone i wanted without the use of shelling out hundreds of pounds. But after the effects you see what the amp is, and you could do better.
Quote by omarrodrigez
His tone may be good, but not as good as if he had an all tube head and all the original pedals. If you're a tone freak like me, spending more money (even for a slight tone difference) is worth it.

True, but live no-one will hear a difference between a vetta II and a tube head, except maybe for yourself.

for home use though, buying top-quality gear is very worth it.
Quote by The red Strat.
True, but live no-one will hear a difference between a spider I cranked to max and a marshall JTM 45, except for yourself and some band players maybe too. (ok maybe i exxagerated a tiny bit there )

for home use though, buying top-quality gear is very worth it.

I dont know, i heard spiders sound really band cranked.
Quote by omarrodrigez

I'm not saying that a modeling head can compare to an all tube amp, even top stuff like the Vetta can't, but I mean, in a crowded pub you can count the people that actually would know the difference by the fingers of one hand.
I would choose a tube over SS in any situation though, that's why I'm saving for the Orange Tiny Terror and not for, say, a Line6 Flextone, which is a good amp too. I'm just saying there are some that get a modeling thingy just to be set with every sound you possibly know, even sacrificing a bit of tone.
Quote by fexnah
I'm not saying that a modeling head can compare to an all tube amp, even top stuff like the Vetta can't, but I mean, in a crowded pub you can count the people that actually would know the difference by the fingers of one hand.
I would choose a tube over SS in any situation though, that's why I'm saving for the Orange Tiny Terror and not for, say, a Line6 Flextone, which is a good amp too. I'm just saying there are some that get a modeling thingy just to be set with every sound you possibly know, even sacrificing a bit of tone.

Yeah that's totally understandable.

Quote by TMVolta19