ive looked at most of the fenders on the fender home page, but as yet . . . nothing. does anyone know if they ever have, or if there is a good quality copy that has? (like prs do an lp, and its a good quality copy)

to solve the confusion (and i accept this was my fault) i did mean scale length. and i find that the advantages of having 24 frets is that the 17 - 22nd fret and such is a bit further away from the heel, making it easier to get to. or at least it seems that way, even if it isn't
Last edited by CobenBlack at Oct 25, 2007,
No, fender doesn't, you would have to get a coustom job.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by The red Strat.
may i ask why you really want a 24 fret guitar ?

to have those extra two frets so you have more notes to play with
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
If you put a 24 fret neck on a Strat, you lose the neck pickup.
Hi, I'm Peter

that's not what i meant. i mean, do you think you'd use those 2 frets more than once a year ?
i never had to reach down to my 20th fret ever. let alone a 24th...

Quote by Dirk Gently
If you put a 24 fret neck on a Strat, you lose the neck pickup.

not if you simply make the neck longer...
Quote by The red Strat.

that's not what i meant. i mean, do you think you'd use those 2 frets more than once a year ?

well if your a lead player your bound to spend more time down in that territory
Quote by The red Strat.
do you know you get those same notes on other strings too ?

ya but when there on the 23 and 24th fret there all in the same place for a flurry of quick notes that cant be flurried elsewhere on the guitar
The best Strat-like guitar you're going to find with 24 frets is probably a Carvin. Also, because it has the neck-thru-body design, they have a much smoother heel and you'll actually have access to those upper frets.

Oh, wait, you're from across the pond.

Yeah, you'll have to go "Super Strat" copy like Ibanez.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by The red Strat.

Erm, those 2 frets are used. Not much, but they're handy sometimes. I like having that extra octave above the 12th fret but that's just prefference. Without 24 frets I don't think it'd be a great loss to me...
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
I agree, I think he means scale length, but I'd rather join the 22/24 debate. My latest guitar has 24, and I like that because means the cutaway is designed so I can *reach* the 23 and 24- making it a LOT easier to play the lower ones, like 15-20 range.
I think Becky is the only one that gets it.

EDIT:
And Danno, apparently.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by mr_hankey
I think Becky is the only one that gets it.

oh crap i didn't read the original post

i don't think there's a strat with that scale...
a mustang or jaguar has a 24 scale.
Fender HM (heavy metal) Strats have 24 medium jumbo frets (in an HSS congfiguration). First, made in Japan, then later in the U.S., in the late 1980s to early 1990s. I have a Rosewood fretboard, but apparently, there were Maple ones made as well. They still show up on the used market from time to time. I saw a greeen one at Guitar Center last week selling for $800. Someone bought it the next day. Someone here just found a metallic black one for only $500. Read more about the HM here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_HM_Strat
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by beckyjc
I think he's on about actual scale length... The strat scale is 25.5" and the LP is about 24".

You could get a Jaguar...

les paul is 24.75". Fender Jaguars and mustangs are 24" though, and i think the jazzmaster, cyclone, toronado etc are 24.75".
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by The red Strat.

not if you simply make the neck longer...

It's not just that...

I can't bare not having 24 frets.. I prefer having a longer fretboard for more room.
i was on about having a 24 scale neck, but couldn't find the measurement (inches i think) button on my computer, still cant for that matter. however, the 24 fret debate is more interesting. i prefer 22. however, it feels like you can get to the lower frets (17 -22) easier when you have 24 as it feels like they are further away from the heel. whether this is true is imaterial, because the feel is enough.