Alright, I'm having a hell lotta trouble with this technique. I can't seem to be able to slide up and down the frets fast enough to get that "vibrato" effect. Any pointers?
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
remove your thumb from the neck...thats a start...

start slowly and build up the vibrato speed i guess...
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?
You remove the thumb from the neck when doing it? =O SH|T!!! That's what was hindering my technique. Thanks man I'll give it a try right away.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
Quote by BassTalk
Alright, I'm having a hell lotta trouble with this technique. I can't seem to be able to slide up and down the frets fast enough to get that "vibrato" effect. Any pointers?

From what you've written I think you're misinterpreting the classical vibrato technique anyway. You don't need to slide up and down the frets, you just need to move your finger back and forth within the space of the fret you're on; not atually moving beyond the bounds of the frets. What you sound like you're trying to do is the, for want of a better term, "wanking" trill where you slide between two frets fast enough to make it sound like a trill.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah usually i just move back and forward not going past the fret or just slightly bending the string up and down
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.