OK im new to the forum but iv been reading UG for a while. im just wondering how the "My Playing Skills" aplication works. What exacly is it looking for? Can I just post a song riff or somethen to demonstrate the technique or does it have to be some format? Can it be a bad recording? I can realy afford recording equipment yet.

Thanks
-Crashton
Yeah, you record yourself playing guitar or bass and it uploads it. Fellow users can then rate your skills.
Get off my lawn.
Playing skills...i really wanna show some of them, but that categories...what should I do with them? I cannot really categorize what I wanna play, so if i upload them as "other" will you think that Im a jerk?
^ It's best if you categorise because you can know your strong and weakpoints.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I will try that way,but i've already uploaded 2 mp3-s that contains many techniques.
So...i try to make somethin good in each category.

Thanks
I need help on how to record these 'skillz', I tried using my mp4's record function, but it didn't work, what should i use?
^ Many things you can use. I use a USB for recording but for guitar skills I use a computer mic (probably have to purchase), amp, pedal and recording software.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0