so today I decided to begin practicing my acoustic in exclusively classical position (thumb towards middle of the back of the neck, guitar on my left leg, and propping my left foot up - on books in this case) I figured this would help and it seems alright so far, it will take some getting used to. My only problem is that my left leg is falling asleep quickly and its very uncomfortable and a little distracting. anyone know how to remedy this? Am I doing something incorrectly? thanks
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
just sit as you are comfortable to, you will find a good position!

good luck!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Metallica rulz
Your probably cutting of your blood ciruclation by jamming the guitar into your leg

Unless it's maybe a solid lump of mahog (les paul) i don't think that would be an issue?
I do that too!
except its with an electric guitar...
and its my right leg....
Anyway, is the guitar propped against your left leg at an angle or flat with the side of the guitar?
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
it's a lightweight acoustic and the neck is at a slight upward angle when I hold it comfortably enough to play
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club