Just looking for pointers what to go looking at. I play lots of different genres, but centered around classic+hard+80's rock. Could just say it with the word rock. Knopfler, Hendrix and Led Zeppelin but WASP, GNR and Van Halen too. You propably get the point.

EDIT:

At the moment i am checking out Tokais, any specific models i should pay special attention to and use hours and hours of time of testing and annoying the music store employees? (The price range is around 800€ btw, for the Europeans. Like me.)
Last edited by Tzeel at Nov 5, 2007,
cant go wrong with a strat
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Michael Kelly Patriots are good, also check out Parker's singlecut models.
Fender Fat Strat would be good, maybe with a pickup change. A Tele or a fat Tele would work. Try a Fat Strat with a PAF Pro or Evo maybe.
Fender Strat MiA or Highway One. Try have bridge humbucker (fat) if you want do some metal . But it does not mean single coil can't do it.

Or raise the budget a little more for a Gibson I'm sure u can find one just a little over.
Quote by qotsa1998
Fender Fat Strat would be good, maybe with a pickup change. A Tele or a fat Tele would work. Try a Fat Strat with a PAF Pro or Evo maybe.

Ya I was gonna say "ya know those strats with a bridge humbucker" lol.

One of those would be just within if not a tad above your budget.
^ Van Halen needs a floyd . I'd say Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, or the S520EX, both guitars have a great trem.
It's quite ironic that actually i know that fat strat propably would suit my needs, only problem is that i got a squier one (my first guitar) which works nicely, except with some neck problems and the sound is not the best it could be (low-end pickups). I just think i would propably want something different this time, for change.
I would get the Ltd Ec-400 with the seymours if i was you.
Can someone tell me about Schecters? I know a store here which sells them and i see them mentioned everywhere, i know pretty much nothing about them.

This thing is ****ing gorgeous!
Fender 72' Telecaster. It's one of the nicest looking and playing guitars in the price range and it will handle anything you're playing.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Fender 72' Telecaster. It's one of the nicest looking and playing guitars in the price range and it will handle anything you're playing.

Gotta look into teles.

(yeah this was a bump)
so many good guitars in this price range.

I'd recommend the Fat strat or highway one strat, but you said u wanted to get something different.

i hate the tele stying, but you might wanan look into it.

if you can shell out a couple extra bucks, i'd look into the Epiphone Elitist series, like the les paul one.

If you'll be playing heavier rock and metal stuff, i'd look into the Ibanez RG1570. Its an excellent guitar, especially with a pickup change.
I have one a C-1 Classic, and it is friggin' amazing! You can get about any tone desired out of it. After playing it for about an hour, my buddy reluctantly admitted that it sounds much better than hid Gibson SG Faded
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Quote by KrgrHomebrew
I have one a C-1 Classic, and it is friggin' amazing! You can get about any tone desired out of it. After playing it for about an hour, my buddy reluctantly admitted that it sounds much better than hid Gibson SG Faded

Yeah the fact that it has good duncans pretty much proves that it has a good sound. Mahogany body too i believe. How's the playability and other issues?
Jackson DK2T is an excellent guitar as well. Dual Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, string through body, compound radius neck thats not too big or small, and is really high quality construction. Schecters are nice too, but have a kind of odd neck shape on some models. they are also made in Korea. I've never liked any I've played save an older one but I guess thats just me. They felt kinda plain and uninspiring, like your typical mass produced guitar. But again, thats all taste.

EDIT: The Jackson runs around $620 btw.
Man, you're going to get a thousand different answers from a thousand different people. The guitar you should buy is the one that feels the best for you. Go somewhere where you can try many different brands and models. I personally love Jacksons and Kramers, and hate ESPs. You may love them. A better idea for a thread like this is to get a list of guitars that you like, then have us critique your choices, steer you away from models with quality issues.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by Tzeel
Yeah the fact that it has good duncans pretty much proves that it has a good sound. Mahogany body too i believe. How's the playability and other issues?

I have never had an issue with mine for almost 2 years now, it is very high quality and I mean VERY HIGH, for a very low price tag, you cannot go wrong. What i always tell people is it can go from Jazz to Death Metal with a flip of a switch and a tap on a button. I think it is the best guitar out there.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by AngusX
Man, you're going to get a thousand different answers from a thousand different people. The guitar you should buy is the one that feels the best for you. Go somewhere where you can try many different brands and models. I personally love Jacksons and Kramers, and hate ESPs. You may love them. A better idea for a thread like this is to get a list of guitars that you like, then have us critique your choices, steer you away from models with quality issues.

The problem here in Europe (Finland to be exact) is that the market ain't that big, so the guitar stores don't have many brands, usually it's about 5 to 10 so i have to run around different stores, testing everything, so i need tips what guitars to look into. There are pretty much different guitars out there and no time to test them all.
Quote by StreetLight3989

I knew tele's were versatile, but it'll really handle metal?
Quote by Danno13
Michael Kelly Patriots are good, also check out Parker's singlecut models.

+1

Go play both of these.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Hmm, my only problem is the availability of more "underground" brands in Finland, but i will keep my eyes open in the little stores.

At the moment i am checking out Tokais, any specific models i should pay special attention to and use hours and hours of time of testing and annoying the music store employees? (The price range is around 800€ btw, for the Europeans. Like me.)
If you play Van Halen and the like I'd suggest a Fender Strat. One with a Floyd Rose if you can find one.
Gear

Guitars -
ESP V-500 w/EMG 81/85
Jackson Mark Morton Signature Primer

Amps -
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL 60 Head
Marshall MS-2 Mini-Amp

Pedals -
Line 6 PodXT Live
Blackstart HT-Dual Valve Distortion