I see it all over YouTube, over MySpace and everywhere else that people feel the need to spontaneously drop a label in whatever topic they may be talking about. I always find myself sitting there, annoyed as hell, because some prick is having a go at 'the scene' or an 'emo' on YouTube, in some over the top, sarcastic, derogatory, bull**** little fagget skit. I mean for **** sake if you are going to put yourself on a pedestal and have a go at a group of people, make sure as damn hell you have your ****ing facts strait. Its time people got it right!

Now this is how it is for me in MY COUNTRY, in MY CITY, so it might not be the same for you, but here is how the groups work.

HARDCORE KID - The group of kids that are often strait edge, they dont drink or do drugs that is. This group is rather americanised and is often crossed with a lot of gangster traits, fashion wise that is, so we are talking wearing the Nike shoes, the gangster brand hats, and sometimes bling. These kids always support the local hardcore, and are often Pro-Friends. They'll be wearing the local hardcore bands t-shirts, and silky basketball shorts are popular as well with this group. Fleshies are also desirable. These kids get into the music, and a lot of them mosh, by mosh i mean hardcore dancing. Now I’m not going to go into too much detail about moshing and what bands are hardcore, so that’s it for this group.

EMO KID - This one has a lot of stigma attached to it, and people always **** this group up the most and YES 'emo' was, and still is, used FOREMOSTLY as a term for a style of MUSIC. However, in recent times, the term 'emo' is being used more for a style of FASHION

"Emo clothing is characterized by tight jeans on males and females alike, long fringes brushed to one side of the face and over one or both eyes, dyed black, straight hair, tight t-shirts, studded belts, belt buckles, canvas sneakers or skate shoes and thick, black horn-rimmed glasses. Emo fashion has changed with time. Early trends included straight, unparted hair, tightly fitting sweaters, button-down shirts, and work jackets.

In recent years, emo, in the popular media, has been associated with a stereotype that includes being emotional, sensitive, shy, introverted, or angsty. It is also associated with depression, self-injury, and suicide."

NOW! When you see a kid wear tight black skinny jeans, sporting a black fringe combed to the side AND he or she is wearing

black and red socks on their arms
a ninja turtles or batman backpack with buttons on the strap
a Good Charlotte t-shirt
studded or spiked bracelets or necklace

THEY ARE NOT EMO! Shock to most of you I know, but take a deep breath. SHE is what we call a SCENE KID, and on the very lowest ebb of the scene kid trend as well. Which brings me to...

SCENE KID – Now this is my own personal view on the scene kid trend, and it comes from years of experience dealing with people of this type, as a member of band where scene kids will often attend our gigs. A scene kid can typically look like they are from any other group or be any type of mixture of any of the groups, which in MY OPINION, is what they often are, a mixture of a few groups. NOW, to begin with a Scene Kid typically would follow the trends and would be a part of the group that had the most popularity at the time, For example; if hardcore was to gain popularity a scene kid would be seen dressed like a typical hardcore person, or if emo music was popular a scene kid would be seen dressed like a typical emo, OR, if like in my town at the moment, death-core is popular you would be seen sporting the newest job for a cowboy t-shirt. It all comes down to what is the most Popular.

NOW, in very recent times, the name ‘scene kid’ has been used to describe a new set of traits. This is where people get confused. Simply put, the original use of the term ‘scene kid’ was for someone who would jump between groups depending on what’s popular, now, the term scene kid can also be used to describe an original set of traits. That’s not too confusing, 2 types of ‘scene kids’ one is new with there own traits, one copies depending on what is popular. However! If the NEW scene kid trend is popular then the ORIGINAL scene kid will jump to that trend because its popular.

The traits of a NEW scene kid include
The ‘racoon’ hair style, the lines of black and blonde streaking in the hair
Spiky hair on top with a strait mullet
Or spiked hair at the back with a straight fringe
Leopard print anything
Diamonds and Gold
Corsets
Associated with Pin up girls and Burlesque
Pink bows

Now this being said, its still my opinion, and if someone was to structure an argument intelligently and it were to make sense i would have to reconsider my opinion. I hope to dear god this clarifys it for some people. And even if i get flamed to all hell for this, it still got a lot of things off my chest and it fealt good to write this

Cheers to anyone who bother to read all of this
*didn't read*

They're all the same thing. Retarded.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
oh wow this information has changed my life
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by kaptink
Thank you kind sir for sharing this info,

Without it i'd be lost.

You gain 2774985 points.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Someone's emo

You care too much.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Ultimate Will

Now this is how it is for me in MY COUNTRY, in MY CITY, so it might not be the same for you, but here is how the groups work.

I believe this is one of the most intelligent statements I have ever seen in the forums.
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
TL;DR.

Also, I find it interesting how you state so explicity how this is what it's like in YOUR country and YOUR city, then lecture us all on how we are wrong about "emos"
Quote by Ultimate Will
Now this being said, its still my opinion, and if someone was to structure an argument intelligently and it were to make sense i would have to reconsider my opinion. I hope to dear god this clarifys it for some people. And even if i get flamed to all hell for this, it still got a lot of things off my chest and it fealt good to write this

Cheers to anyone who bother to read all of this

Don't wait up...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
the news said today were all gonna die soon due to climate change.
therefore groups are irrelevant coz we're all

DOOMED, DOOMED I SAY!
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.