Page 1 of 2
I would advise not to read any further if you do not wish for me to ruin the cadburys advert, with the gorilla in it, for you.
Well it ruined it for me anyway

I don't know if this has already been posted, or if it is common knowledge, so I apologize if everyone already knows.

Notice how when the gorilla is playing, you can see the high hat (I think it's the high hat...) is being played by it, but you can't actually hear it.

Now I've typed it out it seems extremely lame... But it ruined it for me and I loved that damn advert

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLr2NEV_7o
I pointed that out the first time I saw it.

Then I proceeded to piss the **** out off everyone at my college by ranting about it.

The edit of the song sucks ass too.
Quote by Douche ©
It's Phil Collins' fault though, seriously.

Indeed

As usual, the only tangible solution to the problem is to kill Phil Collins.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Indeed

As usual, the only tangible solution to the problem is to kill Phil Collins.

I'm sorry but he's worse than Robin Williams. He's just the cheese factor. I mean please play the DRUMS and sing. nono.
You were mistaken when you thought anybody actually cared about drums...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by kaptink
Maybe they just didn't mic the hi-hat?

I still stand by killing phil collins...
whats worse is they have shortened te full thing to about 10 seconds

hopefully irn bru have "the snowman" advert back again

(for those who dont know its this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xfiqrkV_ZqI)
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
Last edited by fire within at Oct 25, 2007,
Good find... i suppose, I still love the commercial though.
666 BRO
Quote by Douche ©
I'm sorry but he's worse than Robin Williams. He's just the cheese factor. I mean please play the DRUMS and sing. nono.

Sorry what? If you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd know he was actually a dedicated drummer, and only became a singer because Peter Gabriel left Genesis.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Phil Collins is a mean man though. First he had to ask Cadbury to let him have their logo in his advert and then he had to steal a chimp from the wild. This is why I don't like him, he's so demanding and wants everything. Unbelievable ey?
Quote by Douche ©
Phil Collins is a mean man though. First he had to ask Cadbury to let him have their logo in his advert and then he had to steal a chimp from the wild. This is why I don't like him, he's so demanding and wants everything. Unbelievable ey?

Your name defines you at this point in time. Congratulations, Douche
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by wiggyisgreat
I would advise not to read any further if you do not wish for me to ruin the cadburys advert, with the gorilla in it, for you.
Well it ruined it for me anyway

I don't know if this has already been posted, or if it is common knowledge, so I apologize if everyone already knows.

Notice how when the gorilla is playing, you can see the high hat (I think it's the high hat...) is being played by it, but you can't actually hear it.

Now I've typed it out it seems extremely lame... But it ruined it for me and I loved that damn advert

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbLr2NEV_7o

Also, he isn't playing the ghost notes on the snare near the end of the ad.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Sorry what? If you actually knew what you were talking about, you'd know he was actually a dedicated drummer, and only became a singer because Peter Gabriel left Genesis.

I'm sorry, I think if anything this is a case of either you misreading what I posted, or you trying to make it seem as if I said something different so that you could squeeze in some little comment to make yourself look clever. I was joking, and said "What a drummer and a singer?" I know he is a dedicated drummer, I didn't question that. Sheez mate take a pill.
i see what you mean but even the drum fill is way out(at the beginning) its an advert get over it
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Your name defines you at this point in time. Congratulations, Douche

Sarcasm? No?
i noticed it was quiet, near unhearable, when i first saw it.

still awesome though.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Haha, I thought when I clicked on the thread it was gonna say

"IT'S NOT ACTUALLY A REAL GORILLA!!!"

I was dissapointed
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Thornography
I don't get it.

The high hat is moving while the gorilla plays, even though in the song, no high hat is being played.

It's really simple, and not very disappointing. Who cares about the commercials anyways? I just want some candy.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
but technically looking at the high hat i dont think that would be enough to make much of a sound (IfYaGetMeh?)
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
but technically looking at the high hat i dont think that would be enough to make much of a sound (IfYaGetMeh?)

yah i getcha... But you can't actually hear it at all. I've strained my ears beyond belief and can't hear it.
you can hear it very faintly, I don't think they mic'd it
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
You have too much time on your hands Wiggy. Go out and have sex with your girlfriend or something.
Quote by Moggan13
You have too much time on your hands Wiggy. Go out and have sex with your girlfriend or something.

Well actually I noticed it while having sex with my girlfriend.

Yeah, no sound on the hi hat, and the little snare roll near the end.

But still.

I love it.
Jesus, I noticed that, although it didnt really ruin it for me, its still a cracking ad.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
if they were going to go through the trouble of faking a gorilla playing drums, they could've at least bothered to play it correctly.
Quote by Thornography
I don't get it.

The big black hairy thing is hitting on something, but it isn't making any noise which is unusual because when people hit on things they usually give off sounds.

When I say this the big black thing isn't a penis, and the thing isn't a beautiful woman smothered in lotion.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Well actually I noticed it while having sex with my girlfriend.

I know, i was watching
There is nothing good about the advert.

Its just a Gorilla playing drums. What does that have to do with anything?
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Do join in next time.

Lol @Douches post.

I cant fit my wang through the hole in the wall...It's too small for my Ham.
Quote by str84ever
There is nothing good about the advert.

Its just a Gorilla playing drums. What does that have to do with anything?

The fact that we are talking about it, shows that it is effective. If adverts didn't work they wouldn't waste the money. Adverts are no use to me, but to a business it is. Nice avatar btw, brings back memories.
Page 1 of 2