ok i listened to alota people saying they sound digital so i went out and spent alotta money on stomp boxes but i dont think they compare to the pod.im thinking on ebaying them i have ts808 ,zombie distortion,mxr 10 band eq,slash wah running through a deville 2x12 and still find the pod has way better tone is this normal....
I'd guess it's your amp (since you said yourself it's not a metal amp in an another thread). That, or you just like the pod better. What do you mean "is this normal"? You like what you like, other people like what they like. Form your own opinions dammit, it's hard at times but still.

Edit: I understand you're not probably looking for a metal tone, but the point with the amp still stands - if it's not made for rock, you're better off getting an amp that IS made for rock.
I thought the XT sounded quite good too whenever i've tried it, its a lot better than the pod 2.0 imo.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I dont wanna get off topic but if anybody knows anything about Pocket Pod? it only has LESS effects/amp mod the effects are "cheap"? Cause i dont mind having less effects unless they sound like fender frontman 15wat amp mod.

Thanks
well i was just wondering if other musicians had the same opinion cause round here the pod gets bashed alot.....
Quote by stevecallahan
well i was just wondering if other musicians had the same opinion cause round here the pod gets bashed alot.....

i haven't noticed much pod-bashing. its the spider that gets bashed around here.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I realised some time ago that the POD xt is probably the most useful piece of gear for the working musician. You can get LOTS of amps, cabinets, preamps, stompboxes, effects... in a single small and portable unit, with very good quality (the closest you'll get to the original without being it) and for a great reasonable price.
I can't understand why could somebody bash them.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
i guess the POD XT gets bashed a bit because some tube purists will freak out and say something about it "sounding digital" But i defy anyone to hear the difference between two properly produced CDs that uses a tube amp for recording and the other CD using a line6 direct in.

edit: okay maybe that's a bit of a black and white issue. the fact still remains that the POD is an indispensable piece of equipment in my 'studio'
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.