hey
im having a party soon, and i wanted to use the music from my ipod. is there a cable that will link it to an amp that will change the signal, so that i get all the sound coming through, not just one 'ear', as it were?

ta in advance
yeah 1/8 to 1/4 cable
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
what? use a guitar lead and an adaptor to polug it intop the i-pod/ It works for my MiniDisk player
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by Velvet_Craig
what? use a guitar lead and an adaptor to polug it intop the i-pod/ It works for my MiniDisk player

ive done this, and the sound coming thru the amp was the same as one side of the headphones
http://www.radioshack.com/sm-20-ft-stereo-headphone-cable-1-8-jack-to-1--pi-2102976.html

plug that into your ipod, then use a guitar cable from it to the amp.

sorry about the double post but i cant edit cause my comp is screwed up
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
You can buy them anywhere, and when you mentioned about only hearing one ear, just make sure your amp has one speaker or each of the speakers are working. Happened to my friend, the right one was bust. Otherwise it'll be fine.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
It does work, but the sound quality is absolutely awful. One of my mates does it for parties and it sounds utter ****.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by frankv
That probably depends on the amp and settings. If you have a clean channel, use it, and have the the equalizer on a pretty equal level.

Forgot to mention it's a Line 6 Spider II.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
If you plug it into the "return" jack of you're effects loop it will completely bypass the preamp and gain stages, this will take the direct sound from the ipod and just amplify it to however loud you set it. Depending on the speaker it will probably sound muddy with a lot of bass due to the voicing of the speakers.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
That's stupid (if you have it loud) unless you have a marshall, marshalls are made for plugging ipods in but definitely don't crank it up past 4 or so, it will F*** up your speakers and then they'll have a cracking sound when you play something loud.
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
That's stupid (if you have it loud) unless you have a marshall, marshalls are made for plugging ipods in but definitely don't crank it up past 4 or so, it will F*** up your speakers and then they'll have a cracking sound when you play something loud.

im just using it to fill a modest size room

ta for the help guys
You need to get hte right type of stereo lead, they have two leads that meld into one at either end, and each carry one side and join it into one for the amp
you can get these cables that will plug into the back of your sterio or PA system. i got one here that i use a bit. but the only bad thing about it is that you loose about 6Db of volume
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way