There seems to be a whole lot of threads going around lately about 14 year olds getting into what they think are fights. To curb this influx of wicked tomfoolery, I propose we consolidate all questions and stories related to high school and teenage violence (or big talk, as the case may be) into one thread.

Here are some of my thoughts, inspired by recent a query:

If an angry boyfriend thinks you are interested in his girlfriend, and you are not, tell him. If you make it clear you have no interest in the girl at hand (who, by the way, does not belong to him) then he should back off. If he doesn't, it's because he wants to act tough. He may make threats to you to feel tough, show how tough he is to his friends, or show how protective he is of his girlfriend. Normally these will be idle threats. In the unlikely event that, after you have explained your disinterest, he still tries to fight you, that doesn't mean you have to fight. The most impressive thing you can do is block or dodge his blows and stick around until he gets tired of trying. If you are incapable of this, just run. You still look like the bigger man. If, after multiple attempts at peace, he still wants to bash you, you may have to show him up. Let him start the fight then punch him in the throat. Works every time.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by Schneiderman
There seems to be a whole lot of threads going around lately about 14 year olds getting into what they think are fights. To curb this influx of wicked tomfoolery, I propose we consolidate all questions and stories related to high school and teenage violence (or big talk, as the case may be) into one thread.

Here are some of my thoughts, inspired by recent a query:

If an angry boyfriend thinks you are interested in his girlfriend, and you are not, tell him. If you make it clear you have no interest in the girl at hand (who, by the way, does not belong to him) then he should back off. If he doesn't, it's because he wants to act tough. He may make threats to you to feel tough, show how tough he is to his friends, or show how protective he is of his girlfriend. Normally these will be idle threats. In the unlikely event that, after you have explained your disinterest, he still tries to fight you, that doesn't mean you have to fight. The most impressive thing you can do is block or dodge his blows and stick around until he gets tired of trying. If you are incapable of this, just run. You still look like the bigger man. If, after multiple attempts at peace, he still wants to bash you, you may have to show him up. Let him start the fight then punch him in the throat. Works every time.

Glad you changed that, not all people in High School are Bi.

Though most people are in college
Quote by Moggan13
Glad you changed that, not all people in High School are Bi.

Though most people are in college

Yeah, I was typing a wee bit fast and accidentally addressed a very specific situation...
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

The thing is though, none of these 14 year olds can use the search bar.

A few stories have cropped up like that lol.

tomfoolery= amazing word
Last edited by pfa at Oct 25, 2007,
Quote by Schneiderman
Yeah, I was typing a wee bit fast and accidentally addressed a very specific situation...

Unintentionally hilarious xD
I'm a communist. Really.
Yeah the term "fight" seems to cover any kind of physical contact these days...

A real fight ends with somebody on the ground and unable to move.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by Schneiderman
To curb this influx of wicked tomfoolery,

i don't care what was said after that
i'm all for this thread.
Quote by Antz2401
Bravo TS on starting a USEFUL thread *applauds*
What I'm sick of is these high school kids who think that whoever pushes the other one more has "beat the s*** out" of the other.
Back in highschool i found that after you wer pushed/ they grabbed you to threaten you, a headbutt to the bridge of the nose stops a fight pretty fast, Failing that a punch to the throat, or a Very Hard kick to the front of the kneecap.

I don't get dumbasses that are like "Oh yeah Matt(me) kicked *name blanked*'s ass." when all I did was push him once because he's an asshole. Even then,I regret slightly losing it and pushing him,I really sholud've just kept my cool.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Good thread idea .
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Man oh man they start young around here, me and my mate (19/18 respectively) always get challenged by people about fourteen (I'm saying they give it all that "Yeah come here then! Yeah Come back an' say that! *Runs away*) Not that they corner us in alleyways or like.

I like the ideas being thrown out here, especially saying legging it is a viable option, but damn I'd sure love to punch someone in the throat.

Any tips for making sure this works properly? I.e. How hard? Any particular way? Or just clench and crunch?

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Once something hard hits the throat with any reasonable force, a person is in a whole lot of pain. You don't even need to make a proper fist for a throat strike to be effective.

As someone else said, a kick to the knee is also good, as is a kick to the pelvis if you can manage it. That puts them off balance and gives you a second to do whatever you want to do next.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by Antz2401
soo out of curiosity, has anyone else noticed a big increase in like kids 2+ years younger than you trying to pick fights with you? or is this just something over here?

In the Uk it's ALWAYS been like that.