I have heard some great things about this amp, but I listened to the clips and was a bit unimpressed. Can anyone help and tell me if this could cover System of a Down's Daron Malakian's heavy tone? Cause I really love that sound, and I also listen to Coheed and Cambria, Pink Floyd, and other bands that have that creamy, bluesy solo tone. Can this achieve both of those, that pounding, thick and heavy hard rock tone and that bluesy cream? Thanks for everything.
A Tubescreamer would definately do that, but i dont think a Metal Muff would. If u have a tube amp, there arent too many better pedals than a good tubescreamer.
So a tubescreamer could achieve both? I figured it may be able to reach the syrupy blues tone, but Daron Malakian's heavy tone...wow.
i don't think that could give a good blues sound, however i don't have any experience with it...

you could look into a visual sound jekyll and hyde. both OD and dist in one pedal.

EDIT: a tubescreamer could reach higher gain rock, but definitely no more.
I have considered it. Any experience with it by any chance? I would like to get the Jekyll and Hyde pedal, because I believe the OD could give me the blues tone and the Hyde side (I rhymed, hah) could achieve possibly something close to the fabled Malakian tone I keep mentioning.
I've heard that the Metal Muff can hit definatly hit overdrive bluesy like tones with the gain turned down.

Whether you like the sound it has or not? That can only be decided by your ears.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Dont let the name fool you. The EHX Metal Muff can get just about any gain level. Turn down the Dist. level and you got Zepplin-esque type distortion, or crank it and get any br00talz tone out of it you want. Just dont scoop the mids. Malakian uses his mids quite liberally for a metal guitarist.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by deathforyouth
I have considered it. Any experience with it by any chance? I would like to get the Jekyll and Hyde pedal, because I believe the OD could give me the blues tone and the Hyde side (I rhymed, hah) could achieve possibly something close to the fabled Malakian tone I keep mentioning.

i haven't tried it no.
evryone's positive about it though, and IME what the majority of the people say here is true.
the OD is a tubescreamer clone, so that's good for blues, and the distortion side could give you higher gain sounds.
Oh no worries about scooping mids, that sounds terrible. I can't even hear myself. I use mids quite liberally as well.
A Tubescreamer with your amps distortion should give you a load more gain. The MetalMuff isn't bad, but I thought the one I tried sound a bit thin and slightly fizzy.
the MM isnt a great "bluesy cream" pedal and the tube screamer is Not a heavy metal pedal.
yes the jekyll n hyde is better for ur use.
so
1. what amp are you using.
2. what amp are you using.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
well if your not sure about a metal muff im selling mine because i dont play metal lol. so go check out my thread if you dont want to buy brand new
Well, right now I use a Peavey Rage 158 15 watter...****tay I know. But I am saving up for either a Peavey Ultra Plus head on Ebay and a cab; a Valveking 212 Combo; a 5150 Combo...haha, wow those are all Peavey just now noticed that. Give me any other suggestions if you want...something I could get that would work well with a Jekyll and Hyde pedal...thanks.
Get a new amp first. Don't put distortion pedals in front of a lame solid state. Its the number 1 n00b mistake. Not only does it often sound harsh, but it renders like the TS9 almost useless as they are meant to drive a tube amp. Get the 5150, but note the combos sound pretty different from the stack.
depends on ur budget, maybe a peavey windsor if you like peavey so much.

but yeah, you dont get the pedal until you get ur amp.
until you do, you wont know what, if anything you will even need.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I now have a Fender RocPro 1000, which has a tube in the preamp.
I know, it's still not GREAT, but it is a step up and I got it for $150.
Will the Jekyll and Hyde pedal sound good through that?
Oh, and another thing about the pedal...does it actually sound any good running both the OD and distortion at the same time?
And would that be for like...lead work?
Thanks for any help...