Ok, so i have a mia strat and a fender hotrod deluxe tube amp. My distortion comes from a boss mega distortion. This setup has worked nicely for over a year. Now, i want to try a new distortion pedal to get a better more bluesy and bigger sound out of my tubes.

i have basically narrowed it down to the Wylde overdrive, or the Ts9.

which would give me the best sound? Or are there different setups that would give me a better sound than this even?

Thanks.
Well you should try out both before hand of course, but if this is a little tough to do considering location and such, I recommend the TS-9. I have heard many things about the Wylde Overdrive. For the thick blues tone you mentioned, Tubescreamer.
Out of Ibanez TS-9 and Maxon OD808, though, I've heard that the Maxon is smoother and truer to the original Tubescreamers. I have a TS-9 and it works fine for me. So try both out if you can.
Santana and sooo many other artists use Tubescreamers. It gives u a thick tone and pretty bluesy as well. a Wylde OD will give u a tone like Zakk Wylde (duh) and Coheed and Cambria. Id go with the Tubescreamer or a Fulltone OCD maybe.
I tried them both out but it was on a epi les paul through a mg 15 watt at guitar center. thats not gonna be an accurate tone analysis.

sorry, not much of a builder.

i'll definately check out maxon.

i'm afraid that using a tubescreamer will only give me the thick tone if i have a marshal stack. i thought most pedals work best if your amps OD is on and the pedal makes your amp overdrive bigger. my amp overdrive sucks.
Quote by mikeman
I tried them both out but it was on a epi les paul through a mg 15 watt at guitar center. thats not gonna be an accurate tone analysis.

sorry, not much of a builder.

i'll definately check out maxon.

i'm afraid that using a tubescreamer will only give me the thick tone if i have a marshal stack. i thought most pedals work best if your amps OD is on and the pedal makes your amp overdrive bigger. my amp overdrive sucks.

they make em pre-built too

it will work with just about any amp, not just with marshalls.
will an overdrive pedal sound best on an amp that has distortion built into it?