i just recently got an ibanez rg370dx and i wanted to know about the locking nut. can i add some sort of padding to it? will it make a difference? is it safe to add it even though it didnt come with it? would i have to get another nut installed? thanks!
can i ask why you would want that?
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Padding, as in something to make the nut higher? If so, then yes, you can remove the nut and place a shim under it. That will raise your action at the nut.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
no because i heard somewhere its better than having just no padding. thanks. is there any benefit to having it?
I still don't have a clue what you're on about
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Where are you planning on placing the padding? I'm assuming that the padding is to be placed under the nut, in which case it is not a bad idea. Usually, the factory has the nut too low and the bridge too high. If you aren't having major issues with the angle the strings run along the neck, then don't mess with it. I know a little shimming on my Jackson let me drop the action at the bridge another ~1/64th.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
what is wrong with ur guitar, that you are trying to fix?

is it that the strings are rattling in the nut? perhaps you have a scripped screw.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011