Page 1 of 2
I know this may sound dumb but what is the actual point of relationships?

All my friends are in relationships but i'm not because i've never pursued one. Today someone asked me why I dont so I said "what's the point?" and they couldn't give me an answer. It's not like you need to be in a relationship to have sex with someone so what is the point?
procreation? love? comfort? finding a kindred spirit?

i think you just can't find anyone to be in a relationship with...
It's pretty much human nature to get with people and pass your genes on. As it is in society, people aren't willing just to hook up just have a baby, and why would you when you could have so much more in a relationship?
I'm in a relationship of about two years. I think there's a pretty good point really. If you can trust your partner and find them interesting and attractive and don't get bored of them, then it's probably the best feeling in the world sex
zeh *********

^OMFG!!!FINE

ANAL
Quote by bassboy 999
Cheers to you triple x maniac

Quote by snipelfritz
Wait, your dick is in a chick's ass, and you're complaining.

Its a sad, sad day.
to not die miserable and alone?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by uhh_me?
procreation? love? comfort? finding a kindred spirit?

At the average age of UGers (around 16) it's just sex.

I've never really wanted a girlfriend either (i'm not ghey). I just don't see any advantage. I'm friends with a lot of girls, but I don't wanna go further. What good is it? Stand around all day sharing saliva? It only lasts a few weeks before you get bored of one another and hate each other more than you ever used to.

Long term friendship > **** and forget.
im in highschool and i suppose i agree. While i have had a few girlfriends it never seemed worth it. its not like it was going to go anywhere... it just seems like a short fling. i guess im wondering if its even worth it in school. uhh idk maybe i just feel like this because stuff isnt working out...
Survival.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
all that good stuff......but sex durr =P
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
Once you find the right girl you'll realise how naive your question is
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by DINKY2691
im in highschool and i suppose i agree. While i have had a few girlfriends it never seemed worth it. its not like it was going to go anywhere... it just seems like a short fling. i guess im wondering if its even worth it in school. uhh idk maybe i just feel like this because stuff isnt working out...

i dont know, lots of high school couples go on to get married, they have the lowest divorce rate too
I was like that, i thought "Whats the point? All they do is end in heartbreak"

You will regret it. I didn;t have a PROPER relationship with a girl till i was just-turned 16.
If u can find a good girl, then youll realize the point and retract ur question.
Love.

Also, wait 'til you find the right girl.

Your attitude will totally change about this matter.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
because it's the best feeling in the world when your with someone you feel really close to
Quote by SealCubMassacre
Im perfectly fulfilled and im not in a relationship.

Get a girlfriend and see how much nicer it feels to go to bed every night knowing that the person your thinking about has got you on her mind too
Quote by Shred Head
Get a girlfriend and see how much nicer it feels to go to bed every night knowing that the person your thinking about has got you on her mind too

especially if that person is next to you at that time

best feeling ever.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Sol9989
especially if that person is next to you at that time

best feeling ever.

All the answers I get seem to lead back to sex, something I really do not care about (pretty strange for an 18 year old).

Meh maybe im just a wierd one.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
All the answers I get seem to lead back to sex, something I really do not care about (pretty strange for an 18 year old).

dude, sex isn't everything, and i didn't mean it like that, but everything either gets related back to sex or a "your mum" joke these days it seems...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by sashki
Long term friendship > **** and forget.

Quoted for truth, but partly because I'm a bitter young chap and have adopted this philosophy having been an enormous docile pussy for the last three years or so. Whenever I've met a girl who is really interesting and cool, I've just sparred with small talk and music discussion, possibly jamming, etc if they play an instrument, got into the 'friend zone', then realised 'Shit.'

At least 3 times major.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by SealCubMassacre

Or maybe you are just gay? Snuggle up to a dude and then tell us if it makes you feel good.
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by Kankuro
Sex

this and nothing more
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Quote by rorythefaggot
Quoted for truth, but partly because I'm a bitter young chap and have adopted this philosophy having been an enormous docile pussy for the last three years or so. Whenever I've met a girl who is really interesting and cool, I've just sparred with small talk and music discussion, possibly jamming, etc if they play an instrument, got into the 'friend zone', then realised 'Shit.'

At least 3 times major.

What's the "friend zone" that everyone speaks of?
I honestly do not know the answer to the OPs question.

All the relationships I've been in bored me incredibly, and I end up spending most of my time wanting to get out of the relationship. For this reason I end up being a total jackass and everyone involved ends up angry.

I think it's a definite case of "the chase is better than the catch".
Quote by MySweetFracture
Or maybe you are just gay? Snuggle up to a dude and then tell us if it makes you feel good.

You can tell you like the vagina because you are one.
Humans are naturally gregarious creatures. We seek companionship and love from others, whether they are friends or lovers. Relationships play an important role as humans, like many other species of animal, like to hang around in packs of 2 or more. Naturally, the more the merrier. Basically it's for companionship according to my previous English teacher - The wisest man on the earth.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
If you try to get a girlfriend just to say you have one, of course you won't like it. Wait until someone that you actually want to be around comes up and you'll see the point of a relationship.

Solely wanting to get in her pants doesn't count.
Quote by sashki
What's the "friend zone" that everyone speaks of?

It's a generally well-accepted stage of human relationships, basically. When you meet a girl, you can basically either decide to push things towards sex, or push things towards having a laugh. I only speak from my point of view, but I think you'd act very differently in the separate cases. For me, anyway, most of the time I'm not bold enough to imply I want anything, so the conversation tends to be more trivial, and as a result I think I end up getting seen as just a 'nice guy'. This can develop and eventually you get to the stage where if you told them how you feel, it would kind of create an awkward situation where they realise that's all you've been thinking about all this time, and if you get rejected (likely), then you'll be really, really embarassed every time you see them.
It's kind of hard to explain, I guess. But that's basically my experience of the 'friend zone'.

I of course speak hypothetically.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
My current relationship has been going on 3 weeks this Saturday.
Page 1 of 2