I have heard of using a Guitar Pedal for vocal distortion, has anyone done this? I'm curious how one would even set this up, as guitar pedals take 1/4" inputs and microphones use XLR cables. Would I just get a converter on the XLR to 1/4 and back to XLR coming out, or would I have to plug the pedal in some other way directly to an amp or something?

I have also seen the digifex vocal pedals, but they only seem to have echo/chorus/flanger type of effects, and not distortion types of effects
You can get a cable to convert the XLR to 1/4inch and vice versa, or just plug it into a guitar amp. You can just fool around with PAs and amps and distortions until you find what you're looking for.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Just get a converter. My friends and I mess around with all our pedals and a mic. We ran vocals through a whammy pedal, a big muff, a phase shifter, and a reverse delay. Fun stuff.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
i have a a converter and i run the mic into my me-50 sometimes for fun. i can make it sound like the john petrucci psycho exercises. lol. also the reverse delay is fun. say something like yag and it repeats saying gay. yeah im easily amused i know...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
vocal effects processors are expensive...

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--2889

ive got a digital recorder, and ive direct inputed a mic. (they have adapters and some mics are 1/4")
for a high gain voice you can input a mic and switch over to any of the guitar effects.

im sure most digital pedals will give you a similar, muddy effect.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the new line 6 pod x3 is a multi effects pedal and also comes with mic effects
Besides those cheap converters, you can get direct boxes for converting to quarters. Or they have some mics that already are quarters, they just aren't all that good.
Doesn't Julian from the Strokes put his vocals through a pedal of somekind? Fuzzy vocals featured quite bit on Is This It? ....but maybe thats just a production thing...........
whao dude...
Epiphone 335 Dot
Fender FM65R
EHX Big Muff
Boss Digidelay
Boss OD

AND I DONT LIKE NIRVANA THAT MUCH ITS JUST A COOL ANIMATION!!!
i put a mic through a wah pedal. sounding really odd lol.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by InanezGuitars44
i have a a converter and i run the mic into my me-50 sometimes for fun. i can make it sound like the john petrucci psycho exercises. lol. also the reverse delay is fun. say something like yag and it repeats saying gay. yeah im easily amused i know...

Oh yeah i love using the pitch shift
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^ pitch shift lol never thought of using that. definitely on my to-do list for next week when i'm bored
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^ pitch shift lol never thought of using that. definitely on my to-do list for next week when i'm bored

ah man, it's awesome, especially with light distortion, reverb, and a slight delay
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by ticklemeemo
Besides those cheap converters, you can get direct boxes for converting to quarters. Or they have some mics that already are quarters, they just aren't all that good.

well you can get a shure SM mic with a 1/4" wire.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011