How do you feel about the DiMarzio D-Sonic, PAF Pro combo? Better than the EMG 81, 60 combo?
The pups would be used for both high gain and cleans through tube and SS amps.

PS - For the DSonic I would have the bar towards the neck.
Any further recomendations or experiances good/bad would be welcome.

Thanks

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
I would say Dimarzio, because I dislike EMG's, and bum Dimarzio's. But good combo you've picked there
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
i havent tried the dmarzios but i do have an emg equiped guitar and i love them. i dont have the 60, but the 85 in my neck has great cleans and the 60s are supposed to be even better. the 81 is top notch for metal, and adds an extra boost to any amp. i dont know how the dimarzios sound, but the emgs just give that classic active sound.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
The 2 dimarzios in question blow the EMGs out the water imo, plus the EMGs would make the SS amps sound like balls
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I think EMGs sound alot better than DiMarzio's. One of my friends put DiMarzio pups in a Jackson I sold him. It sounded good, but my SG with EMGs sounded so much better.
if I were you, I'd go to the DiMarzio website, they have audio samples for you to try, if you like or not.

Also, if you haven't already, try seymour duncans, those are nice too.
I hate to sound very obvious but it's your choice of pickups.

If you like the sound from EMG's, go with EMGs; If you like the Dimarzio tone, go with Dimarzio.

Personally, I like Dimarzio better but if there was set of EMG's in my Carvin, that would be pretty killer.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
EMGs are good for what they are but i prefer the Dimarzio Breed, PAF combo instead
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join