on some guitar catalog websites they have Les Pauls and Les Paul Studios and I was just wondering if the studio means it's just for recording or if it's playable live too..
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
you can do either but what they mean by calling it a "studio" is that it is less pretty than other lp`s so more artists use them recording but it`s also more of a budget les paul
89' fender strat
gibson sg specail with grover tuners
standard tele
ibenez gio bass
takamine eg334sc
72'martin d-15
skbps-45 board, lots of pedals
peavey tripple xxx head w/ marshall cab
Quote by Shredxmyheart
on some guitar catalog websites they have Les Pauls and Les Paul Studios and I was just wondering if the studio means it's just for recording or if it's playable live too..

They call it a Les Paul studio because to reduce costs they get rid of things like the figured maple top and binding around the body so it looks more plain therefore making it more liable to be used in a studio by people who can afford to have more than one guitar of that price.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Of course u can gig with it. Its just called a Studio b/ theres no Flame maple top, binding, different inlays, and possibly no pickguard. its not a show-off guitar, but itll get the job done.
not just another name. it's of a lesser quality, although to be honest at the minute they aren't much worse than a lot of the standards
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD