I have an Epi LP Standard with Seymour duncan Alnico II pro pickups, its good for the classic rock i play but i've gotten more into metal lately.

I can spend around 1200 but i would prefer something around 800-1000$, i was looking at a Jackson DK2M Dinky http://jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911005576
Would that be a good choise ?

I play Children of bodom, Amorphis, Trivium, In flames etc.
I have a VoxAD30VT amp and a Toneport UX2, but my sister has a marshal DSL100 that i use alot aswell.

Yes, a Jackson Dinky would be an excellent choice for metal. It's practically a standard issue for metalheads these days!
If at all possible. you should play the guitar(s) you are considering. Obvious i kno but the guitar that works for one shredder may not neccessarily work or feel comfortable to another. simply put: play with what FEELS right. that jackson wouldnt be a bad choice though, i must say....
well i would go with a gibson explorer. i think your choice but the dkmg would be better. check out the shecter c-1 hellraiser also
Theres no music store close to where i live so i'd have to order one :/
Do you need a trem?
Is that US dollars or...?
Any particular brands or shapes you want?
Can you go second hand?

Check out an Ibanez RG1570, ESP LTD MH-400 / M-400, that Jackson you linked (or a DKMG), Washburn X40PRO, Schecter Hellraiser (FR version) and maybe some old 2nd hand metal guitar of some sort.
ive got a dk2m, awesome axe! you would like! but like stated before, you probably would like the dkmg better for metal. emg's vs seymours.
Yeah that should be good if you get a heavier distortion pedal with a lot of gain. Or if its possible you can change to Blackout AHB-1 pickups those are great I want them. It would be best if you caould go to a guitar shop and test some out for your specific needs, though.
dude, your sister has a marshall, I love her!
lol, I'd go with the Jackson,
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
The Jackson is great, and is very well made. However, as I've said many a time, the JB doesn't have the most bass response possible due to the alder body. I would play it first. If you don't like it, swap the JB for a Distortion, which is essentially the same pickup with a ceramic magnet.
Schecter and ESP... thats all i have to say
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.