So i bought a standard xbox 360 the other day....so far ive played normal xbox games on it and they run really slow compared to on my old xbox, and sometimes the sound glitches for a second randomly...is it because there isnt much space on the harddrive?? how can i get more gigs? without buying the elite xbox.
Your games don't run from your HDD, so HDD space is irrelevant.

Make sure your console has ample ventilation space to prevent it from overheating. Also, make sure it's not plugged into a surge protector.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
If its old Xbox games your playing its probobly compatability problems, im sure not all the games work properly on the 360...
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
HDD space is irrelevant.

"Save The Cheerleader, Save The World"
- Hiro Nakamura
DANK MEMES
Quote by Penguinarmy
If its old Xbox games your playing its probobly compatability problems, im sure not all the games work properly on the 360...

It's not a PS3, the backwards compatibility is fine.

Why dont you just go to nicq2005's thread and GET A NEW XBOX360 ELITE FOR FREE! Its not bs cause he seen his friend do it!!!!111
Rock Crawler of the UG Jeepers
PM Dirk Gently to join if you've got a Jeep
Quote by Smokey Amp

Well they must have fixed it yet, i don't know.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by Smokey Amp

Thats not true. Xbox 360 does NOT have the Xbox hardware and thus has to use emulation so sometimes it'll be slower and some games just aren't compatible.
You both actually seem to be correct now that I think about it. As you'll notice from my first post I was under the assumption he was just playing standard 360 titles. I really should learn to read posts properly.

My apologies.

Quote by Miasma909
Thats not true. Xbox 360 does NOT have the Xbox hardware and thus has to use emulation so sometimes it'll be slower and some games just aren't compatible.

correction: most xbox games aren't compatibal with it.Yeah out of like 20 xbox games i have, only a few can be played on my 360, which is kind of annoying as my old xbox was broke, hence the reason i bought 360...