Poll: What if music never existed?
Poll Options
View poll results: What if music never existed?
I'd be a COMPLETELY different person
63 42%
I'd be changed somewhat
6 4%
Music doesn't really affect me
0 0%
ARRRGGGHHH!!! *Head explodes*
81 54%
Voters: 150.
Page 1 of 2
I was just having a thought...what if music just didn't exist?

Like picture your favorite movie. Be it anything from Lord Of The Rings to Casablanca, it would be very strange without music wouldn't it?

Your games, your movies...TV...

And most importantly, no instruments

It's really scary thought...how would your life be changed if music hadn't been discovered yet?
Music isn't 'discovered', it is always there. It's a collection of sounds, and so long as sound exists, music exists.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
If music didn't exist we would spend more time looking at the search bar.
I think it would be near impossible for no one to ever discover the simplicity of music. Just by drumming on a rock or something.

But to answer you're question, It would be extremely strange without music. I think that lie wold be extremely bland and boring.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by duncang
Music isn't 'discovered', it is always there. It's a collection of sounds, and so long as sound exists, music exists.

Well...what if there was no way to manipulate sound into what we know as music?
Impossible.

Music would HAVE to exist, for sound would exist.

However we would not perceive it. We'd just hear normal noise. Music is only music to us because of our mind interpreting specific pitches and timings. (Which is why some varieties of jazz simply are not music. Get over it, pretentious faggots.)

Uh... Yeah. It would suck, anyway. I wonder if animals hear music how we do? Or is it just vague noise to them?
Quote by gallagher2006

lol Bashing everything and not annoying everyone?
Quote by stm22
If music didn't exist we would spend more time looking at the search bar.

I see what you did there
Has no one ever seen Oscar's Orchestra?! If that geezer with the wig and Lucius get in charge then that's what it'll be like with no music. I forgot how badass Oscar the flying blue piano was . Kid's TV sure ain't what it was.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Lol, we'd all be on this forum discussing music and being like, "What the hell is music?" :/
this website wouldn't exist
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by 12Jim34
Lol, we'd all be on this forum discussing music and being like, "What the hell is music?" :/

TIME PARADOX
If music was never invented life wouldnt be any more or less entertaining as we wouldn't have realised our lives had something missing without it.

Music is very overstated in it's "life changing" qualities anyway. I don't personally think that music changes anybody. The culture surrounding it does but not the music itself.

The world wouldn't be that much different without music at all.
There is actually a movement called musique concrete in which ordinary sounds (cars on the road, laughter, church bells) are recorded onto tape and then the tape is cut and spliced in certain ways to create certain effects. For example you could cut a section of tape and then stick the tape reel back together with the removed section placed back onto the reel backwards.

My point- even an ordinary sound such as a door slamming or a car going by on the road can be turned into 'music'.....so you couldn't really not have some form of music.
Quote by gallagher2006

Then the entire world and concept of reality would be completely destroyed and the universe would probably cease to exist.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by Vermintide
Impossible.

However we would not perceive it. We'd just hear normal noise. Music is only music to us because of our mind interpreting specific pitches and timings. (Which is why some varieties of jazz simply are not music. Get over it, pretentious faggots.)

Uh... Yeah. It would suck, anyway. I wonder if animals hear music how we do? Or is it just vague noise to them?

I've always wondered that. Whenever I play a dischord my dog goes out of my room but when im playing anything else he stays, interestingly enough.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
I've always wondered that. Whenever I play a dischord my dog goes out of my room but when im playing anything else he stays, interestingly enough.

Interesting.

My dog is just scared of the guitar full stop
It wouldn't bother me, I'd just play my guitar and get by! Oh no, wait, I wouldn't be able.
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Quote by Vermintide
Interesting.

My dog is just scared of the guitar full stop

I have a chihuahua that barks at my bass....she's gonna become a guitar strap!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
this website wouldn't exist

This website wouldn't exist!

I would definitely be different without music. I need music to sleep (and not just because of habit, I've always had trouble sleeping and just recently found that music helps), I use music to drown out people on the bus, I spend a hell of a lot oftime playing music on my guitar, yes, the lack of music would change me in so many ways it would make my head explode to try and count.
If music didn't exist, we wouldn't be on the UG forums discussing life in the absence of music.

EDIT: lol someone beat me to it
Quote by Vermintide
Impossible.

i wonder that same thing all the time lol
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
I'm doing a music course at college at the moment, so er...

Well, em...

On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by The Spoon
Rap could still exist.

Shh.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
www.Ultimate.com

Imagine us all sat here in the pit of the Ultimate Forums.

"Soo..... I went for a beer last night...."

"Omfglol n00b rub icy hot on it"

So, no change at all, actually
There would be soo many rap albums out...
myspace.com/sidetrackedrock
myspace.com/scottkrausmusic

Quote by an epic mistake
Woah guys, this is actually the first post relevant to the thread in a LOOONG time. I applaud you Scotdizzle.

I found the damn sig thing!
"Without music, life would be a mistake."

~Friedrich Nietzsche

That about sums it up.

Also, I don't think civilization would have made it this far. Hardly any of us would be here today, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
If there was no such thing as music,then just think...everybody would be the same...No chavs to take the piss out of,no emos to laugh at,no metalheads to be scared of x) Everyone would be the same *dramatic fanfare*
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by andyd93
If there was no such thing as music,then just think...everybody would be the same...No chavs to take the piss out of,no emos to laugh at,no metalheads to be scared of x) Everyone would be the same *dramatic fanfare*

No, there would always be the rebel, or the people who conform to something they feel strongly about.

I mean, it's not all about music, when it comes to littles cliques.

Technology seperates people (PC vs. Mac, for example), or preference in sport (American football vs. Football, for example), and whatnot.

Believe me, the human race would find something to bitch about.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by skaguitarist53
alot of people on this website would have probably already killed themselves

indeed they would have
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I feel if there was no such thing as music, nothing would change. Everyone has answered this is question as if they music has been randomly taken away from them, when in reality, if there was no music you would have never known about it so therefore, no change in life at all.
i'd be putting my life into video games.

(i play no video games right now btw.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
music has always existed since the world has existed. the songs birds sing, the wind blowing through the leaves. its just is.
Quote by blackflag49
We'd be stuck listening to Radiohead.

Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
If music never Existed, then wed officially be able to "Touch that" and we wouldnt have any Emo Kids but i would also be very sad and bland, and probobly smoke marajuana
Page 1 of 2