I found a Peavey XXL head for $450, good buy? I play mostly metal and hard rock so i need to know what styles it will fit, and i also like a good clean tone.
The Devil Wears Prada used to use these.

I mean, I don't really like TDWP, but just in case you do, the used to use them.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

yeah dude, its a good buy
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
my friend is in a death metal band and he uses it. it works nice for that. i even played some skynyrd live with one on the vintage setting and it sounded good for that too
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Is this a modelling amp? i really don't kno much about them, just found one used. How does it take to pedals?
Well fr 450, can you get an XXX instead? THat's a tube amp. The XXL is a hybrid and not that good IMHO.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
This amp is used, and the XXX is out of my price range, $450 is about as high as i can go now.
$450 for the XXL? I used to have one, I bought it new for $500-something. I wouldn't bother. it's not tube. it gets crappier as your turn the volume up on it.

you crank the volume, and like all true solid state amps, you get more feedback than signal.

keep saving brother. keep saving.

also, you could look online for a used Peavey Ultra. it's basically the precurser to the XXX. same tone I hear. people have said they rip with an EQ pedal in the effects loop.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
The XXL sells for $700 new nowadays, i really have no idea what i should do lol.
I don't like the XXL, I don't like solidstate amplifiers.

For $450 you could get it, or just wait and get a nicer amplifier.

I've found that you shouldn't rush to get an amp unless you have to. You'll be much happier in the end.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by a_hub10
The XXL sells for $700 new nowadays, i really have no idea what i should do lol.

I sold my XXL and picked up the Valveking. the VK is far superior to the XXL in all tonal abilities, better effects loop as well.

for $450 you could probably save up a little more cash and wrangle in a used 5150 combo as well. I was looking into getting a used 5150, but was impatient and grabbed the local and accessible VK. I wish I had waited.

but now I'm saving up for a Rivera. so all is well.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!