So I am thinking about putting a bigsby system on my flying v
i went to the bigsby website and the ones that will fit are the
B5
B50
and B500
What are the differences between these?
and do you guys that have bigsbys like them?
Thanks guys
oh and sorry about this being in two forums
i put the other one in the wrong one a mod can delete if he/she feels the need
bigsbys are pretty ingenious tremelo system i like them for the fact that u can play solos while bending each nnote with out stopping or taking away from the speed
why woulld u want a bigsby in tye first place flying V and bigsby only work for that like one guy forgopt his name, and he ahd a gibson so if u have a jackson for example i dont know if bigsby is in metal range
If you get a B5, make sure you plan on getting a bridge other than the one that comes with it. The B5 bridge is a poor design fraught with problems. The outer strings hit it at an angle and pull in on the cheesy saddle ridges. The height adjustment screws are poorly fitted, loose in the threads, and won't stay set. Perhaps some locktite, but cheap and poorly made is what comes to mind. In contrast the trem itself is study and looks well made. A roller bridge might be the ticket. YMMV
Quote by uldhppi
I hate Bigsbys. Tuning nightmares.

With a poor nut, standard tune-o-matic style bridge, and attemtes to divebomb, yes. With a well cut nut, roller bridge, and subtle warbles, mine holds tune fine.
i don't know if it's just me but i saw a flying v with a bigsby and it just looked like it had an erection, that would put me off a bit.
Never seen a flying V with a bigsby... anyone got pics?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by uldhppi
I hate Bigsbys. Tuning nightmares.

Agreed. You won't be doing Van Halen with a Bigsby. Not successfully anyway.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by guitaristd

That certainly works out quite well then. Good luck!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by the.spine.surfs
With a poor nut, standard tune-o-matic style bridge, and attemtes to divebomb, yes. With a well cut nut, roller bridge, and subtle warbles, mine holds tune fine.

I'd have to agree with that. The one I had years ago was on an SG (Standard or above?) TOM and crappy plastic nut probably didn't help a lot. I got frustrated and took the spring out of mine and nailed it. If I knew what I know now maybe I could have fixed it.
I have to lube the nut on my present SG Standard with graphite, otherwise it suck tuning also. Gonna get a graphite.
You need a graphite nut, roller bridge instead of the tunomatic, and I would suggest some locking tuning keys.
what style of music are you trying to Achieve with this Bigsby? cuz if you just want some vibrato and stuff itll be fine, but if you want any Fancy stuff then i think youve chosen the wrong tremolo
no fancy stuff
i have pretty much decided that is what i am gonna get
i just need to know how easy it is to install
and what other parts i need with it to atleast have some tuning stability
Quote by bilbo_hendrix
i don't know if it's just me but i saw a flying v with a bigsby and it just looked like it had an erection, that would put me off a bit.

You're so right

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift