It happened yesterday. I was playing and i turned on my wah pedal (Slash Signature Cry Baby Wah Pedal). It's pretty new, and as far as i know i didn't do anything different when i went to play except before i did play around with the knobs on my amp which i dont think had anything to do with it because i turned them all back and it still made this high pitched squeal sound. I checked all the cords, used different cords and everything, i have the right adaptor, my guitar seems okay. When i turn the gain past half way (the knob on the pedal) and put my toe down it makes different squeal sounds depending on my pickup i have set on my guitar, the tone knobs for some reason, and the further down i push my toe the louder the squeal, my dad thought it was feedback from the amp but 1 it wouldnt just start today and even when we moved it it still made it. The pedal works fine without dist. ( the wah pedal has a built in distor. setting) and everything else works ok, hit me up on AIM, Scoped22
That noise is all of the gain stacking and feeding back. Your dad is right, turn down your distortion.
then whyd it just start happening now? plus when i even turn down the gain a bit it still makes the sound. and i move away far from my amp, go behind it. i stil get the noise
I think you may have your in/out pedal cables backwords, maybe.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
might be your guitar? did you try a different guitar? what about a different amp?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
sounds like you have the pedal plugged in backwards.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
sounds like you have the pedal plugged in backwards.

+1

I have a 95Q and I can get weird sounds with it plugged in, in differant places in the chain. The instructions even tell you that if you want some weird sounds to do just that (it actually says "if you want to make a sound like a quaking duck" lol).

Hope this helps.

Chris
Gilmour used his wah pedal to get instant feedback, maybe you crossed wires? I've done it a few times by accident, cause I have messy sets of cables.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Hasnt been back, must be embarrassed
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by wilmearz
nope, mine does it to if u use the disto circuit, its a problem with the pedal. dont buy it for the circuit!

I dunno, mine doesn't do that. Must be something with your amp.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
no man, i have a slash pedal and that thing is stacked with gain. way too much. you can't have the distortion on without the toe button being pressed, or something like that. it happened to me too.
I have it to and it is the Distortion feeding back. IMO You cant have that thing turned up very much at all.

I turn the gain down.. Use the OD on my amp turn the volume up and just use it a a volume boost with the wah. Yeah dont buy it for the distortion.. I LOVE the wah sound though...
Quote by hurricanes67
no man, i have a slash pedal and that thing is stacked with gain. way too much. you can't have the distortion on without the toe button being pressed, or something like that. it happened to me too.

You cant turn the distortion on with out the Wah being on... anyone knwo a mod for that?