Hi again.
so iv narrowed it down now.

Vox AD30VT for £136 Brand new
or a Vox AD50VT for £130 that is 1 year old and been used off ebay ( says its in good condition)

Which would you choose!? brand new or older and more powerful.

Thanks alot!
All Wars Are civil Wars ....Because All Men Are Brothers
Brand new. You don't need the extra power, as they don't sound great when turned up that loud anyway.
orrr for about £90 brand new a Vox AD15VT or roughley £70 on ebay a year old.
but i am unsure of a 15 does it have enough capability ( the bigger models have a voltage selector) I dont play gigs thoe so im open to thoughts
Thanks!
Quote by blue_strat
Brand new. You don't need the extra power, as they don't sound great when turned up that loud anyway.

Thanks ill take your advice most likely
Quote by uldhppi
Neither.

How come bro?
are celestion speakers worth ugrading to?
ad30 ive heard its got a switch so you can turn it down to 15 so you can push it a bit harder but don't know i it's true or not
Quote by roryp15
ad30 ive heard its got a switch so you can turn it down to 15 so you can push it a bit harder but don't know i it's true or not

yes it has a voltage controll switch
yea id go for that, whats your max budget cause you might be able to get something better if youcan spend me than £136
£150 is pushing it a bit
what would you say is better and in what way is it better?
Quote by JoeUK17
How come bro?

Sorry I made kind of an abrupt post. Because there are solid state amps in that price range that sound better (example: Peavey Transtube series, Roland Cubes.) You can also buy new tube combos for $200 USD that sound better than all of them. What I just said will tend to anger Vox Valvetronix owners but remember its only one person's opinion.
Quote by uldhppi
Sorry I made kind of an abrupt post. Because there are solid state amps in that price range that sound better (example: Peavey Transtube series, Roland Cubes.) You can also buy new tube combos for $200 USD that sound better than all of them. What I just said will tend to anger Vox Valvetronix owners but remember its only one person's opinion.

I've never played the Peavey, but I've played the Roland and it was alright. The Vox does better in some music genres than the Roland and the Roland does better in others. Neither one is really better, the only thing better would be a nice tube amp.

TS, what kind of music will you be playing and what's your max budget?

Also, yes the Voxs have the attenuator on the back, but it honestly serves no purpose as it's still a solid state amp, it's not going to drive the tube inside it to make it sound any better. I own one, so I'm not just saying that
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Also, yes the Voxs have the attenuator on the back, but it honestly serves no purpose as it's still a solid state amp, it's not going to drive the tube inside it to make it sound any better. I own one, so I'm not just saying that

the tube inside it is in the poweramp section. so it does a little.

but the knob in the back isn't really an attenuator, but a voltage feed knob that increase/decrease the voltage flow into the amp (i think). so i don't think its that important.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
the tube inside it is in the poweramp section. so it does a little.

but the knob in the back isn't really an attenuator, but a voltage feed knob that increase/decrease the voltage flow into the amp (i think). so i don't think its that important.

Well yeah, I guess it would do a little, but it still starts to clip when cranked like SS amps do.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
hi again
i went an bought a Vox AD15VT for £97 ( about $190)
and to be honest its a load better than my last Peavey Rage 158 amp so im quite happy!
it gives some Queen like sounds even thoe im using a schecter diamond series omen extreme! also its got some alright pre sets! i use a Zoom 505II pedal which is pretty bad really i need something new with a tuner built in to replace it!
yet again any ideas!?
Thankyou