I'm thinking of replacing my Behringer amp. I play classic rock to metal and my price range $400. Reccomendations please.

EDIT: My amp is the BXL-450 now. And I have a Warwick $$
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I'd look at GK combos too. You can get a nice one for that. Ampegs in that price range aren't up to the competition, but once you get into the higher end amps, they dominate.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, you were gonna to have to replace within the next 6 months anyway

Ashdowns are generally good to look at.

Lol. I've had it since June, and it still works fine. With the actives I can get a reallllly deep bottom from it.

Edit: Any specific models would be helpful as well.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
GK's and Ampegs are known to be great. I might get myself a GK combo soon.

But yeah, look at some Gallien-Kruegers on Musicians Friend.com or Guitarcenter.com or something.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
get some more money and buy something better.... anything ive tried undar 400 for a bass amp has sucked. (including all fender bassman and rumble models..... ive tried them all... i know)... look up markbass amps they have really amazing sonics and whatnot.... they are expensive but are lightweight, and sound better and are cheaper then mesa RKs....
Quote by doggy_hat
Quote by whosamerica
get some more money and buy something better.... anything ive tried undar 400 for a bass amp has sucked. (including all fender bassman and rumble models..... ive tried them all... i know)... look up markbass amps they have really amazing sonics and whatnot.... they are expensive but are lightweight, and sound better and are cheaper then mesa RKs....

The only problem is that bass is my secondary instrument and it's killing me to even spend this much. This is money I've been saving for a new guitar amp, but with my growing interest for bass decided to take some of it out.
Quote by doggy_hat
Wow. Come to the light side. Playing bass is a lot more fun than guitar IMO.
But do what you feel would be the best way to spend your money.

BEDBUGS
I guess I'll just deal with what I have to. I need to start saving up for a car as well. :-(
Why can't money grow on trees????
Quote by doggy_hat
Well, in the long run, the car is more important. People can say what they want, but it's true.

BEDBUGS
Wow, why do you have a Warwick and a Behringer....?

Those two just dont mix...
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Wow, why do you have a Warwick and a Behringer....?

Those two just dont mix...

I know exactly why I want to replace it. I upgraded my bass but not my amp.
Quote by doggy_hat
Don't get the GK brat pack... Ain't worth it. I can't really speak on the Ashdowns, but Bumper swears by the Blue, so you can clarify on those with him.

If you can order... Look here. There's another bass amp page here as well.

Also, why is your bass expensive as hell... But your amp blows? Even if you send around $400, your amp isn't going to be amazingly amazing or anything of the like.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by AboveTheBridge
Don't get the GK brat pack... Ain't worth it. I can't really speak on the Ashdowns, but Bumper swears by the Blue, so you can clarify on those with him.

If you can order... Look here. There's another bass amp page here as well.

Also, why is your bass expensive as hell... But your amp blows? Even if you send around $400, your amp isn't going to be amazingly amazing or anything of the like.

I got a great deal on the bass. Couldn't pass it up. Friend gave it to me for 650.
Quote by doggy_hat