I have a Schecter Hellraiser guitar, which is well known to be a great guitar, especially for it's price, and I really like it. I was wondering if the good Schecter reputation also applies to Schecter basses? How good are they and how to do they compare to other basses in their price range?
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
For example, compare these...

Schecter C-5:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C5-5String-Bass?sku=513121

to

Ibanez SR-505:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR505-Bass?sku=517942

Both are in the same general price range and have similar features.
My gear...

Samick Les Paul (AV6VB) Guitar w/ SD Alnico2/JB
Marshall AVT150H halfstack
Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 Bass
Ampeg BA112 Bass Amp
Schecter basses (along with Ibanez) continue to dominate the mid-range bass world. For the money, you can't beat them. They're as solid as rocks, have a wide range of tones, and look good to boot. Until you start getting into basses over twice the price, can't touch a Schecter

So in response to your general question, yes, they're well-loved here in the bass world too.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Personally, I hate Schecter Basses. I'm just not a fan I guess. I've tried at least 10 hoping I'm getting factory defects but I hated everyone of them, sorry Schecterman =[.

As for Ibanez I like Ibanez, I like the look,sound, and playability.

I'm a Fender man myself.
They rock. I've had one (Custom 5 Diamond Series) for about 2 years now, and it fits well with the many genres I play between funk, rock, punk, jazz, etc.

I'd give them a thumbs up.
Get a Schecter Stiletto, hands down best bass I've ever held!!!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
Well yeah, Schecter or Ibanez...

Sorry for double post...
Quote by SeveralSpecies
How the f*ck are you gonna get a cat to bark?

---------------------------5------8-----7-
----------------5-------------------------
------------------1-3-3-------/6----/5----
-1/3--1-1h3-------------------------------

Matt Freeman>You
in their price range, they put out a very decent product. in this range, also consider
Ibanez, Peavey, Yamaha, and Fender. Shecter puts alot of nice finishing touches on their instruments, and the sound is comparable. good luck!
I've been thinking about dumping my Fender Jazz 5-string for a long time; one of my first thoughts was a Schecter Studio 5-string. They balance perfectly, have a 35-inch scale, sound phat as hell, and balance perfectly. My Fender has this sweet sound to it, but there's much more technology involved in making the perfect 5-string. Schecter nails all the right spots (scale length, pickups, etc), whereas Fender just added another string.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
I've been thinking about dumping my Fender Jazz 5-string for a long time; one of my first thoughts was a Schecter Studio 5-string. They balance perfectly, have a 35-inch scale, sound phat as hell, and balance perfectly. My Fender has this sweet sound to it, but there's much more technology involved in making the perfect 5-string. Schecter nails all the right spots (scale length, pickups, etc), whereas Fender just added another string.

I would take the schecter...
Quote by TheBassMan3
Well yeah, Schecter or Ibanez...

Sorry for double post...

Don't be sorry, just delete this one

Schecter basses are good value. I've only played the C-4 and I found it to be alright, but evidently the Stiletto basses are the sex.