I'm looking for a new amp, solid or tube, combo and is good for Thrash/Death Metal. My price limit is about $600, it can be a bit over. Thanks in advance

Edit: Has to be loud enough to hear over drums during band practices
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
um.... try none? lol.... a combo for gigging wil get you nowhere.... shoot higher.... save more money. and go for a tube.... really once you've gotten a tube you never wanna go back to solid....
Quote by whosamerica
um.... try none? lol.... a combo for gigging wil get you nowhere.... shoot higher.... save more money. and go for a tube.... really once you've gotten a tube you never wanna go back to solid....

You obviously know nothing, he asked for a tube, a tube combo will do just fine.

TS check out used:

Peavey 5150 Combo
Mesa F-30/F-50 Combo
B-52 AT-212
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 25, 2007,
^ +1 i forgot all those in his other thread. can the F series get thrash?
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
well i dont think a combo is gonna work for gigging, but the Peavey valve king head is a kick ass tube amp and its really cheap, check it out here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-100-Head?sku=481170 i bought one about a year ago and it is ****ing loud and has some sick ass disortion
GEAR:
*peavey valveking head and cab
*Jackson king v
*Shure wireless system
*dunlop crybaby from hell
*digi-tech bad monkey(boost)

RIP DIME
Quote by whosamerica

Don't listen to him. They will get you through gigs if you mic the amp which you should try and do even if you have a stack to get the best sound possible.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Do yourself a favor - build credit.

It will help you out later in life (like when they pretty much rolled out the red carpet when I asked for a loan on my house)...

"Well, come on in, sir!"

You may get sh*tty credit now, but trust me. Lay down that $600 on a Mesa/Boogie head and start off with whatever cabinet you can get your hands on. Build one. Whatever. Just get that $2000 head - you will think you just picked up Kerry King's rig.

Even clean it will make you cream your pants. - make sure to plan for clean up, my friend!!

Don't even waste your money on a $600 amp. You will have to pay $50 a month or so for a little while, but you will not regret it.

..and the next time you try to buy a car they'll roll out that red carpet for you. (Banks love people with good credit..)
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by ssguitar
^ +1 i forgot all those in his other thread. can the F series get thrash?

Yes, the F series has only slightly less gain than a recto, but it's much more smooth sounding (imo).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ok first off, whosamerica, you obviously didn't even read my post all the way through, second of all thanks everyone who gave me recommendations and bubonic, I'm only 14 I don't even really know what credit means. xD
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Whoever said combo amps can't gig.. -.-, I gigged a 500 person show on like 6 on my 50W combo.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by panterafreak39
well i dont think a combo is gonna work for gigging, but the Peavey valve king head is a kick ass tube amp and its really cheap, check it out here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-100-Head?sku=481170 i bought one about a year ago and it is ****ing loud and has some sick ass disortion

i've gigged with a 15 w solid state combo and that did me fine for an audience of 200 in a large school hall. obviously this isn;t an ideal situation, but a SS combo of 50-75w or higher will do fine, a tube combo of 30w will do fine for most situations too
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Vandals572
Ok first off, whosamerica, you obviously didn't even read my post all the way through, second of all thanks everyone who gave me recommendations and bubonic, I'm only 14 I don't even really know what credit means. xD

I financed my first piece of gear at about 16.

Credit means a bank ponies up the money and you pay them back. In exchange they charge you interest, which is how they make money.

Instead of $2000, the amp costs you $2300 - whatever - but if it's something you're serious about then it's an investment.

Spending money on worthless crap = bad.

Spending money on things you're going to use to make a living someday? Priceless.

Are you a serious musician?
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."