ok ok ok ive been playin "guitar" for a while, but i picked up somewhere that its better to start playin on acoustic, i got a nylon spanish one, i finished all the basics.. Ive been playin for over a year..

The thing is, spanish aint my thing, i couldnt afford even a cheap strat since i got that acoustic by myself, im 14 next month so.. I really dont have any money and finally my parents knows i love playin it so they decided buying an electric for me..

I have a budget 450 euros (250-300 pounds) for only the guitar, and extra for amps and accesaries, what one should i go for? I expect i would be using this one for ages and ages long..

Ive been in to bands like My Chem Rom (No brag), Metallica, Nirvana, AVENGED SEVENFOLD and Trivium..

Me and other bigginer friends are talkin about startin a band sometime soon..
Its expected that I would be in lead guitar position..

And i always liked the sound and look of white les paul except i dont know what brand to go for!!

Help! I would love you!!
Last edited by rosemetal17 at Oct 25, 2007,
im not sure how much in US 450 E is but try for an ibanez gx series.... a gx actually makes you a better guitarist... dont ask how... it just does...
If you want a Les Paul, you can afford an Epiphone one. Go for either the Standard or Custom - don't be tempted to get the cheaper LP100 or Special.

Amp-wise, have a look at Vox AD15VTs and Roland Cubes. DO NOT get a Marshall MG or AVT. Marshall's are only good when you get into the £300+ range.
A Epi LP Custom might fit into your budget, its about $600USD (about 300gbp), they don't make the LP standards in white. Other options for the LP style in white would be a ESP/LTD EC-400.

for you first electric though, I would suggest looking at:

RG321(about 200gbp)
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798

Epiphone 1958 Explorer
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-1958-korina/896

Epi LP Standard
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-standard/870

what budget do you have for your amp?
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
MCR fan, cool

Alright so a Les Paul is right up your alley. But considering that you like A7X and Metallica, I think you should get a schecter.My c-1 artist is a beaut. She plays amazingly and she can handle the sounds you want perfectly. So look into it at musiciansfriend. And an Vox valvetronix amp would suit you too
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by rosemetal17
GBP 100/USD200/150euros for amp..

Oh god mi head lol

snag the RG321, and put the extrea 100gbp towards your amp, and pick up a Laney LC15.

Thats pretty much the best beginner rig ever under 450gbp.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Standard is the normal Les Paul, all average Les Paul parts (still a great guitar) a custom has certain upgraded parts (Pickups, wood ect) If you want real tone, get a LP Special (not more that like 100 euros (methinks) and use the rest of your cash to buy an amp. look at VOX.
Quote by rosemetal17
whats..erms

whats standard and whats custom...?

The Custom is the one that comes in white.