I was looking into 12 string electric guitars and was wondering if there is an alternative to Rickenbacker's series of 12 strings. Not that i have a problem with Rickenbacker it's just that im saving up for a Fender Twin and don't have the money for a Rickenbacker.
gibson sg doubleneck like jimy page plays. im guessin that wouldn be cheap either tho.
My gear
ESP Ltd series H 400
fernandes ravelle elite (honey burst finish, emg 81 in bridge.)
B-52 AT-112(all tube!)
theres an epiphone version

i think :S
Quote by Pinky19
My guitar is so ugly, it makes me wanna punch a baby.
agile has a double neck tele that is pretty cheap

rondomusic has it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
so why do we all need double necks???

there is a Fender 12-string stratocaster too. like $600~700 i believe?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
How similar in tone is the 12 string fender and a rickenbacker? Looking for a byrds/beatles tone, the jingle jangle kind.
For a jangly tone you could try and find a danelectro 12 string, i hear those are good for jangly classic rock and are pretty cheap (i think).
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
http://www.danguitars.com/12String.html

For what the guy above said, yeah. I had a chance to try out one of these, actually. Haven't gotten used to 12-strings in any sense of the word, but I liked the sound.

Not especially cheap, but a helluva lot cheaper then a Ric.