so there are hundreds of tube screamers out there and probably just as many mods as there are variations of the pedal.

what i want to know is which one is the best... i don't care so much about which is THE original but more about which one is the best

on a side note i have a boss blues driver(which i regret not getting something better but it gets the job done better than my amp distortion), i read somewhere that thats supposed to be a tube screamer clone is that true?

and if somebody feels REALLY creative it'd be interesting to know the history of the pedal like whats with the maxon and ibanez versions etc.
mine. at my junkyard. it's a hot rod tubescreamer. check it out!

maxons have true bypass, but i don't think it's worth the $160(?) that they charge on the OD9.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by its been said
so there are hundreds of tube screamers out there and probably just as many mods as there are variations of the pedal.

what i want to know is which one is the best... i don't care so much about which is THE original but more about which one is the best

on a side note i have a boss blues driver(which i regret not getting something better but it gets the job done better than my amp distortion), i read somewhere that thats supposed to be a tube screamer clone is that true?

and if somebody feels REALLY creative it'd be interesting to know the history of the pedal like whats with the maxon and ibanez versions etc.

If you want the best, get a real one off of ebay.

in terms of the history:

www.wikipedia.com
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Honestly, one of the best ODs is the Rocktron Austin Gold OD. Try it out, most ppl say its more like an attenuator when it comes to sound, as it seems like ur amp is cranked when its on. Also try out the Fulltone OCD if u can. Also, check out a Guayatone OD-2, based on a vintage Tubescreamer, but apparently is better. And for only $50, the price cant be better.