So as many will know, the NFL is staging a regular season game in London this Sunday and I'm just wondering what people's opinions are on this.

I don't think it will have the impact around the globe that they are expecting. And don't really think that playing the odd game abroad will give it a big following elsewhere. Seeing as it is pretty much part of american culture and lots of people elsewhere are pretty much oblivious to it.

So, whats other peoples opinions?
No-one who appreciates Football(soccer) will go to the matches. It won't make an impact at all, speaking for most of Britons; it's quite frankly a boring sport.
Quote by kidsilcon
No-one who appreciates Football(soccer) will go to the matches. It won't make an impact at all, speaking for most of Britons; it's quite frankly a boring sport.

thats because you guys have rugby
Quote by kidsilcon

lol.. this coming from a non-brit and non-american, and therefore it's the truth: It's the other way around soccer = boring

Edit: Rugby is just hilarious....
I r Pirate!
Quote by duke_lion
lol.. this coming from a non-brit and non-american, and therefore it's the truth: It's the other way around soccer = boring

Edit: Rugby is just hilarious....

You're not from Britain or America which makes your point valid? Makes no sense to me.
you'd think that the NFL would want the leagues best talent to be showcased abroad, not the slightly better than average Giants, and abysmal Dolphins...
Well 500,000 applied for tickets for the match.

And I know Martin Johnson is an American football fan. But Drogba? What the hell?

And tbh it looks like Johnsons got his pads on backwards
I dont think this makes any sense. Why should they be worrying about bringing our sport to other countries? If its a money thing, the NFL makes plenty of money now. I think they know that too.
Also, more on the money thing. If this is for money, i dont think they will make as much as they would on this game in the US. The two teams playing arent exactly the most popular teams out there. I don't think people will go all the way to London to see the Dolphins. Maybe 20 years ago, but not now.

All in all, I think they should keep the game in America. London has their own sports
Quote by punkguitarist55
I dont think this makes any sense. Why should they be worrying about bringing our sport to other countries? If its a money thing, the NFL makes plenty of money now. I think they know that too.
Also, more on the money thing. If this is for money, i dont think they will make as much as they would on this game in the US. The two teams playing arent exactly the most popular teams out there. I don't think people will go all the way to London to see the Dolphins. Maybe 20 years ago, but not now.

All in all, I think they should keep the game in America. London has their own sports

The Dolphins supposedly have the largest fanbase in england, I think.
Quote by steee21
The Dolphins supposedly have the largest fanbase in england, I think.

WoW.
Too bad they dont have a lot of fans in America. They would be better off.
It's stupid. Out of all the teams in the ****ing NFL, they picked the Giants (aka the most inconsistent team ever) and the Dolphins, the worst team in the league.

They should have put the Colts vs. the Patriots there if they ever think about "expanding" the sport.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
It's stupid. Out of all the teams in the ****ing NFL, they picked the Giants (aka the most inconsistent team ever) and the Dolphins, the worst team in the league.

They should have put the Colts vs. the Patriots there if they ever think about "expanding" the sport.

I agree. People would probably go anywhere to see a game between those teams right now, considering they are the best in the NFL this year.

I wonder what the commissioner was thinking on this one.
Quote by rockon1824
That kind of defeats the point of a "National" Football League.

The NFL did it Mexico last year and sold out the stadium.
Get off my lawn.
the reason they picked the Giants and the Dolphins is because in the 1980's apparently England went through a football fad and these were the two most popular teams. plus they choose the teams last year, so they had no idea they would be this bad.
American Football is so boring. It's "run - block - advert - run - touchdown - advert..." etc.

Rugby > American Football.

Why do those pussies wear padding? rugby players dont.
Plus, do you know how pissed Indy and NE fans would have been if the game between them was played in England? They send bad teams because the stadium will sell out anyways. Last year they sent Arizona and San Francisco to Mexico and sold out. They want to keep the good games in country so people who really care about the teams can see the game live.
Quote by Inimical
So he's sexually attracted to animal rights activists?

That's messed up.

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If Pokemon were real, I'd get me some sweet, sweet Jynx pussy.
Quote by SealCubMassacre
American Football is so boring. It's "run - block - advert - run - touchdown - advert..." etc.

Rugby > American Football.

Why do those pussies wear padding? rugby players dont.

If you play american football you quickly realise you get hit 10 times harder in football.

I play both and compared to football, rugby is an absolute walk in the park.
^ Same old stuff about the NFL players being wusses, then an American comes back and says ''yeah but they get speared by 6ft7 300 pound black guys''.

Anyway, the general English opinion of NFL (and most American sports in general) is that it's just too slow and too stop/start and boring to catch on, personally i've never really got into it either.

I'm dreading the day that Manchester United and co decide to do the same sort of thing in America or China, Football is sliding down a slide of 'Americanisation' when it's perfectly acceptable to change a clubs name for a sponsor or to move a club hundreds of miles because there is a better fan base. MK Dons have set an awful precedent with that, I just hope that's where it ends, but my head tells me it's the tip of the iceberg.

I worry about the integrity of the NFL, Miami Dolphins & New York Giants when they decide to play a domestic competition on another continent, it can't be anything but bad for the sport and bad for the fans. Not in favour of it at all.
I don't want the NFL to ever come to Canada. I <3 the CFL.
Originally posted by Camakazie:

On my gravestone i want jesus and satan fighting with lightsabers. Or a big hand pointing to the grave next to me saying "I'm with stupid"

Superman of the UG heroes and villans club, P.M. josh999x to join