Just saw one of these, are they pretty cool? I see you can get tons of tones from various amps and artists from them, are they decent tones? Will it make my amp sound digital like the spiders do? Thanks
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
Just saw one of these, are they pretty cool? I see you can get tons of tones from various amps and artists from them, are they decent tones? Will it make my amp sound digital like the spiders do? Thanks

Well this is really meant as a pocket amp (like clip it to your belt and put headphones on). I have one. It sounds exactly like a pod 2.0 and better on some models. It is the same the only diff is the Pocket Pod has a different way of changing effects and stuff like press a combo a buttons. If you are looking just for a mutli effects unit not for the capabilietis of having a very small pocket amp. Then either get the Pod 2.0 or the boss ME-50. There is one going on ebay now for 150$ (ME-50)
Oh! It's a mobile amp? lol, I thought it was for your amp :$.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
Oh! It's a mobile amp? lol, I thought it was for your amp :$.

OHHH no. It can be hooked up to an amp, but the point I was trying to make is that it gets kinda agrevating trying to mess with the eq and switch effects on the pocket pod cause it is so small and doesnt have that many buttons so you have to press a combo of buttons to get what effects you want. No it can be hooked in to your amp, but it is made for traveling cause it is so small. They sacrificed mobility for easyness of chaging effects.
Ahh.. I see, cool. Would this be the ideal thing to buy if you want a bunch of effects, flanger, chorus, wah, etc but don't want to mess with buying each single pedal?

Edit; I really don't record I jam/gig with my band, but I've never had to use effects. So I'm just wondering.

up

whats the difference with the POd xt or 2.0??? is it only less effects or the effects are crappier? I dont mind less effects but crapoiness....
I think the podxt is USB enabled, while the 2.0 is just 1/4 insturment cables.

The XT also includes more patches and what not.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
I think the podxt is USB enabled, while the 2.0 is just 1/4 insturment cables.

The XT also includes more patches and what not.

Yes, basically that's it, more user functions. More is better and the difference with the Xt live is basically the Xt mounted in a floor unit.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
so good or no

It's an Amp Modeller specifically. It's the same as the POD 2.0 except smaller.

You plug it in to your amp and you can get various effects and amp modules.

I've heard great things about them.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
alright.

I thought the XT had better effects than 2.0?

I might be wrong tho, I don't know.
The XT has more features and pacthes i think.

Check out the Line 6 site.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Fama
I thought the XT had better effects than 2.0?

I might be wrong tho, I don't know.

Yes, upgraded firmware, much better functionality. The 2.0 is pretty simple compared to the XT. XT has alot more amp models and user presets.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
but you can hook up the pod to your amp and use it as a pedal for various effects, correct?

Well, yes. It'll be a bit awkward to use I guess, but it should work.